All A321neo flights disappeared

Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Space+ at only 83cm on the 321 will be a rude shock to those used to, and maybe even (k)need, the generous 88cm on the 320.
Completely different seats and design so you can't directly compare seat pitch with older seat designs.

I've been told the Acro design "feels" like an extra 3-4cm or so. Remember as well the middle seat is wider than the aisle and window seats.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Completely different seats and design so you can't directly compare seat pitch with older seat designs.

I've been told the Acro design "feels" like an extra 3-4cm or so. Remember as well the middle seat is wider than the aisle and window seats.
I understand your point, and indeed the critical distance is between the forward face of your seat to the back of the seat in front. If the seatback thickness changes then seat pitch comparisons are more difficult.

But unless the new back seat on the 321 is at least 5cm 'thinner' than the 320's seat back, then 88cm seat pitch must still be greater than 83cm seat pitch ... Anyway, proof of the pudding will be the actual experience.

Notes can then be compared.....
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Looks like NZ937/938 is becoming an A321NEO, guess OOL is the prime market for one.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
Ive been informed by airnz that the first flight will be Akl to brissie on 23rd Nov, NZ739
flight is pretty pricey so unlikely sadly, that I will be on it..
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:26 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Aircraft left Cairns this morning and due into AKL tonight on delivery.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-nna
goliath likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
moved post to other thread

Last edited by 24left; Nov 6, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle

marketing BS, feels like extra space but its not. Its like a JUMBO kilo, its still a kilo.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by mellon
marketing BS, feels like extra space but its not. Its like a JUMBO kilo, its still a kilo.
Umm well pitch is just a single measure from the same point to the same point. It doesn't take into account shape etc.

Other measures which affect space more than pitch are seat front to to seat in front. Front of cushion to seat to in front. As those will given you a better feel for how much space there is.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:53 am

Anyone booked on the first flight to/from Brisbane?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Why is it hanging out in the hangar for so long after arrival prior to its first revenue flight?

It irks me that I have never seen it while flying in and out of Auckland
Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Why is it hanging out in the hangar for so long after arrival prior to its first revenue flight?

It irks me that I have never seen it while flying in and out of Auckland
Huge amount of familiarisation going on for everybody in the airline.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
A review from Australian Business Traveller
https://www.ausbt.com.au/what-it-s-l...airbus-a321neo
goliath and djsflynn like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Umm well pitch is just a single measure from the same point to the same point. It doesn't take into account shape etc.

Other measures which affect space more than pitch are seat front to to seat in front. Front of cushion to seat to in front. As those will given you a better feel for how much space there is.
yes and that's why airlines love THIN seats.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Any actual FTer bum in seat reports from the A321neo (other than the AusBT reports, which you can find here, here and here)?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:56 pm

I do find it interesting that ausbt regard the WiFi price as being expensive compared to other airlines - compare it to UA where it's US$15.99 for an hour, US$20.99 for 2 hours or US$26.99 for the entire flight on 4-5 hr United domestic flight including their p.s service between LAX and EWR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.