Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No room in Auckland Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Markhm
I don’t think I have ever seen 0 pax in that lounge.
Well how would you get in if you weren't a pax to see such a situation?

Think I have been the only one in the WLG Regional lounge. Was a weekend and a bank of flights had just gone out.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: AirNZ Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by Markhm
I don’t think I have ever seen 0 pax in that lounge.
Actually was 2:18. Had it to myself for 15 mins, then 1 pax arrived, 10mins later a few more etc.
It’s a nice little lounge.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Air nz International lounge had lots of room in it tonight. Very relaxing!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Air nz International lounge had lots of room in it tonight. Very relaxing!
I went out on NZ101 on Boxing Day just been, and there was less than 30 people in the lounge it was an very strange feeling....

But then there was only 4 passengers in J too, it was atlesst 1.5 bottles of champagne per passenger on that flight
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
As bad a ever today (22 March around 1600). Every seat full. Like every Friday.

Such a poor experience.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Something seriously wrong tonight... Easily got a seat at 1715 on a Friday

Fortunately everything else was true to form and followed normal air NZ standards
- 60 minute flight delay with no clear explanation why
- hi vis jackets in the lounge
- weird soup flavour
Etc
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
Something seriously wrong tonight... Easily got a seat at 1715 on a Friday

Fortunately everything else was true to form and followed normal air NZ standards
- 60 minute flight delay with no clear explanation why
- hi vis jackets in the lounge
- weird soup flavour
Etc
How does another person wearing high viz negatively affect you? They have just been at work where they had to wear and want to get home just like you.

Generally don't see the high viz prior complaining about all the people in suits
wayoutwest and samrajapaksa like this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit
How does another person wearing high viz negatively affect you? They have just been at work where they had to wear and want to get home just like you.

Generally don't see the high viz prior complaining about all the people in suits
Sorry I shouldn't complain. Being winter the jandal and wife beater wearers have disappeared
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:27 am

When I was in the AKL lounge recently there was a woman with a young child that managed to let herself and the child roam between several seats, and leave partially digested pieces of food on the table next to my seat and also on the table and floor next to my wife’s seat. The baby was also allowed to crawl unattended into the main aisle to the bar (which you would walk down heading to the bar from the entry) and people had to walk over it while she fed herself seemingly oblivious, and then when she retrieved the child its dummy was left in the aisle on 2 occasions. When she left the lounge part of the dummy was left in front of one of the seats! Not one of the lounge staff said anything to her but I pitied the cleaners having to pickup random partially digested and played with food from a large area!!!
Fliar likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit

On reflection my comment about the hi-vis was unfair and condescending. You're right, its workwear, same as me wearing a suit. Dirty work wear is maybe a different issue but there is no reason why they shouldn't be allowed in with workwear. Apologies for any offense caused.

Originally Posted by drajknox
When I was in the AKL lounge recently there was a woman with a young child that managed to let herself and the child roam between several seats, and leave partially digested pieces of food on the table next to my seat and also on the table and floor next to my wife’s seat. The baby was also allowed to crawl unattended into the main aisle to the bar (which you would walk down heading to the bar from the entry) and people had to walk over it while she fed herself seemingly oblivious, and then when she retrieved the child its dummy was left in the aisle on 2 occasions. When she left the lounge part of the dummy was left in front of one of the seats! Not one of the lounge staff said anything to her but I pitied the cleaners having to pickup random partially digested and played with food from a large area!!!
My comment was more about overall lack of decorum in the Koru lounges, but i aimed at the wrong people perhaps. I wish that they would enforce a dress code like QF
https://www.ausbt.com.au/is-there-a-...lub-dress-code

And yes at QF bclean hi vis is allowed, but not dirty clothing, jandals, beachwear etc. I've seen all of those multiple times in the Koru lounges. And with the overcrowding, enforcing a dress code might be one way to cut the numbers down.
Fliar and ottiehund like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: VA Gold, Aegean *G, QF, SQ...etc
Slightly o/t but is NZ not offering sparkling wine in their lounges anymore?? They were at Christmas...this is a major detriment to the offering for my preferences, esp since they also don't offer ciders anymore, and their soft drink is horrible bloody post-mix. The offering just seems to be getting quietly smaller and smaller
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Placebogirl
Slightly o/t but is NZ not offering sparkling wine in their lounges anymore?? They were at Christmas...this is a major detriment to the offering for my preferences, esp since they also don't offer ciders anymore, and their soft drink is horrible bloody post-mix. The offering just seems to be getting quietly smaller and smaller
Which longue a what time of day?

Know in Wellington at the moment they have a different drink selection between the two domestic longues and the regional is different again.
Tag1987 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Placebogirl
When and where? Certainly plenty last week on my multiple flights.
Tag1987 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: VA Gold, Aegean *G, QF, SQ...etc
WLG domestic regional on Friday (they had other alcoholic drinks on offer, just not bubbles) and AKL international yesterday.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:08 pm

They were not in AKL international in the morning when I had previously seen them. So I asked the lounge staff and was told the sparkling would be out at (if I am not mistaken) 2pm or after the lunch service.

I would have thought 11am or midday would be reasonable.

The other wines were available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.