Wiki Posts
Search

No room in Auckland Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Still turning away lounge pass holders at AKL International today
My understanding is the vast majority of people being moved to Strata are those accessing Koru on credit card passes.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:44 am

Now that Velocity/Virgin is moving their customers to Strata Lounge, I wonder if that will become overcrowded and "second class citizen" Priority Pass members will get turned away at the door and write letters to the Herald...
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: Airpoints
ChCh domestic.

Just had a typically great hour or so in ChCh lounge. Left to get my regional flight to Wgtn, which was as usual delayed. New regional gates in ChCh (15a, b, c) nowhere near regional lounge and too much hassle to go through security (again) to domestic lounge. Grrrrr.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
And now NZ is saying it was 'caught out' by the rapid growth in the number of people qualifying for access. Oh really?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12144798
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:00 pm

They hope to have the new Akl international lounge is going to have plans finalised in next two years. Then have to build it .......
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Spent a very uncomfortable 30 minutes in the AKL regional lounge yesterday afternoon. I had a seat with access to a power socket; I had some work I really needed to get out but it felt very uncomfortable with about 10 people standing against the main wall some a few feet away waiting to sit whilst balancing drinks and phones. All watching and waiting for a seat. I felt so uncomfortable I ended up in the main waiting area where there is less guilt in having a seat and getting on with what you need to do (mercifully still able to access Koru lounge wifi). Not sure how they sorted out who got my seat once I vacated but this is not what I want in a lounge.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by nzkarit
They hope to have the new Akl international lounge is going to have plans finalised in next two years. Then have to build it .......
AKL Airport is 10+ years behind so I blame them also.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:27 pm

Only time I have had an issue with the CHC domestic lounge is at peak when an Auckland flight got delayed so there was a bit of backlog. But yes the high ceiling does make it seem more pleasant.

At little old but the AirNZ lounge sizes vs the number of pax.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Wellington comes out well but that is mainly because a big regional lounge that is actually worth using, as food and drink wise is pretty much the same as the domestic lounge. If I don't need to go through security or using the north pier at Wellington will use the regional lounge. If Chc and AKL had regional lounges along the same lines as Wellington correctly sized & have same food/drink and barrista coffee, would help things a lot on the domestic side. AKL needs the space, CHC would be nice when flying to Wellington not to worry about security and have to walk so far from the regional gates.
Just looking at the roof in the CHC longue they have an acoustic panel. While wlg & all just have a standard suspended ceiling. Plus the cushioned walls dampen sound.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:39 am

Just looking at the roof in the CHC longue they have an acoustic panel. While wlg & all just have a standard suspended ceiling. Plus the cushioned walls dampen sound.
White shiny hard surfaces at dining area AKL int does not help acoustics.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:37 pm

On flip side, got the Wellington regional longue to my self, right now.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by markthefree
Just had a typically great hour or so in ChCh lounge. Left to get my regional flight to Wgtn, which was as usual delayed. New regional gates in ChCh (15a, b, c) nowhere near regional lounge and too much hassle to go through security (again) to domestic lounge. Grrrrr.
Gate 15 - you could have just walked 100m down stairs to regional lounge... or 200m through security to koru lounge. CHC airport is small - hardly a hassle. Bit over dramatic.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
It probably depends how big of a delay it is. The security is ridiculously easy to move through, but if it was like a 20 minute delay or less, not worth it at all.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
I’m in the Cathay business class lounge at HK airport (HKG population 7m). Similar size to koru akl, busy but can’t see one single child in here. Just saying...
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Ellice
I’m in the Cathay business class lounge at HK airport (HKG population 7m). Similar size to koru akl, busy but can’t see one single child in here. Just saying...
Which one? There are four (Deck, Wing, Bridge, Pier). I've been in the Wing (business) and the Bridge where there have been children before, also in the Pier First lounge, but yes the numbers are low.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I flew back on NZ1 last night from LAX. I got to the lounge quite early and there were a couple of other flights before all the NZ pax started arriving around 1930.

It was amazing to then see the clientele change so quickly as half of New Zealand arrived into the lounge..Lots of jandals, people walking around in bare feat, and sitting there with bare feet up on other chairs as a foot rest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.