Wiki Posts
Search

Points to attain elite

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Points to attain elite

Currently 200 points away from attaining Elite for the first time. I will be flying Business from LHR to AKL (NZ5/NZ1) in a couple of weeks time which should attain me 484 status points.

My question is, does the excess 284 points count towards renewing Elite for the next year, or do I simply just lose these points. I remember that when renewing Gold these excess points aren't carried over for renewal so I assume this is the same for Elite?

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Gone forever if it is your first time at Elite level. 284 become vapour ware.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Hmmm, do the points post separately for NZ1 (LHR to LAX) and then NZ5 (LAX to AKL), or does it post in one transaction?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by BZNZ
Hmmm, do the points post separately for NZ1 (LHR to LAX) and then NZ5 (LAX to AKL), or does it post in one transaction?
Single transaction because it's a journey and ticketed as one.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Nz*G
Nothing more to add except man that sucks mate!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ*GE
If you moan via email you’ll likely get an agreement for some lee way if you’re short on retaining next cycle though. One of the biggest jokes of the airpoints systems this farce.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Gone forever if it is your first time at Elite level. 284 become vapour ware.
Not quite.
They go towards your banked Elite year. The next target after reaching Elite.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:27 pm

Pretty sure if you're moving from Gold to Elite they are gone as that rollover is a perk only for elite cycle 2, but I hope I'm wrong!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by hodi
Pretty sure if you're moving from Gold to Elite they are gone as that rollover is a perk only for elite cycle 2, but I hope I'm wrong!
Correct. Roll over points only apply when re-qualifying for Elite. Found that out the hard way as well.

Agree it's a farce, along with losing RU's as you quickly progress through the tiers.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Not quite.
They go towards your banked Elite year. The next target after reaching Elite.
Not in your first qualifying year from gold to elite. They are gone. I lost just on 200 in exactly the same way a few years ago.

You have to retain Elite first then any points above 1350 (in 12 months) go towards your banked year and elite gift structure.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:40 pm

On a slightly related note, does anyone know if you can get the breakdown of SP earns for eligible flights etc using IOS or the website? Ive seen it on Android OS when you tap the info sign on the balance bar.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by hodi
On a slightly related note, does anyone know if you can get the breakdown of SP earns for eligible flights etc using IOS or the website? Ive seen it on Android OS when you tap the info sign on the balance bar.
iOS

Qualifying status points:
Airpoints > (i) icon above tier earn bar

Flight earnings:
Flights > Bookings > Options > Potential earnings
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:20 am

That’s what I’m missing. The (I) above the bar.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BZNZ
Currently 200 points away from attaining Elite for the first time. I will be flying Business from LHR to AKL (NZ5/NZ1) in a couple of weeks time which should attain me 484 status points.

My question is, does the excess 284 points count towards renewing Elite for the next year, or do I simply just lose these points. I remember that when renewing Gold these excess points aren't carried over for renewal so I assume this is the same for Elite?

Thanks
have you used up your two gold upgrades as they will be lost when your three elite upgrades arrive ?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: NZ*G
On a related note, I have about 700 rollover points from last year, I would say I will need some but not all of these to requalify for Elite this year.
If I say need 400, will the remaining 300 rollover again, or will they expire?
i guess another way of framing it is - are rollover points used first or last when calculating qualification eligibility?
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.