AirNZ Gold vs. Elite Partner

Old Sep 3, 18, 11:26 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Gold, Honors Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
Still happens TT and is supposed to happen long haul.. it's just that some FSMs are better than others at doing their job.
I've been told that "seat visits" (as some FA's know of them) are optional and up to the FSM if they want to (which they should as you say) or not
Old Sep 4, 18, 5:51 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer View Post
I've been told that "seat visits" (as some FA's know of them) are optional and up to the FSM if they want to (which they should as you say) or not
I can't recall the last one I had between Singapore and Auckland, probably been at least 10 times, not really a big deal to me anyway.

I did used to get greeted fairly consistently on AKL-USA routes though, sounds logical that it's an optional thing & up to the specific FSM as to whether they do/don't do it.
Old Sep 4, 18, 7:10 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-WP
I have had seat visits on all my recent flights - Narita RTN, LHR return, SFO return and several trans Tasman - have got a personal visit on all of them - exactly when varied but FSM has always said hello. Did notice didn’t always talk to everyone in J - so perhaps some focus on elites?
Old Sep 4, 18, 7:29 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by bce1 View Post
I have had seat visits on all my recent flights - Narita RTN, LHR return, SFO return and several trans Tasman - have got a personal visit on all of them - exactly when varied but FSM has always said hello. Did notice didnít always talk to everyone in J - so perhaps some focus on elites?
FSM / ISM normally greets everybody in BP as they're typically the one who will hand out the arrival documentation. Allows them to combine both tasks.
Old Sep 5, 18, 3:01 am

I haven't been visited at my seat once since hitting elite. I think when it does happen I'll probably find it a bit awkward, but then again I'm an introvert.
Old Sep 5, 18, 5:36 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Rewards Spire Elite, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS
I have always had a seat visit in PE and BP. Started traveling BP in 2016 and find it a very nice touch. Even got a see you next week back in July on my back to back USA travel.
Old Sep 8, 18, 1:17 am

Programs: NZ *E
Ones they didn't talk to are probably on staff concession tickets - saving time!
Old Sep 8, 18, 1:12 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AP Diamond
No greeting which is all good, ego is large enough without further stroking.
More importantly though, they came around asking GE's for dinner and breakfast meal choices before asking others. This is a far more valuable form of recognition.
debh likes this.
Old Sep 8, 18, 1:51 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Occasionally you'll find them asking Elite's first, but normally meal orders are taken from the cabin all at once but Elite's prioritised and served first to ensure they get their preferred option.
Old Sep 25, 18, 5:48 pm

When upgrading a Tier it can take up to 7 working days to update this as the update is audited once a week for all upgrading downgrading members. If you are travelling prior to recieving your pack you can ask for lounge access through email for partner lounges verifying your Star Alliance Gold status.
Old Sep 28, 18, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by btnz View Post
I was named Elite Partner (when I was Silver) and now I am Gold. I just looked at my digital card (on the App) and although my AirNZ status shows Gold, it still has the Silver *A badge which seems odd?
It may seem silly to ask, but I have seen issues with this area of the app: have you tried logging out and back in again? This should resolve the issue for you.