Wiki Posts
Search

Triple status points on flights to AU

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Triple status points on flights to AU

Similar to Trumpkin's thread a while back on a targeted email about triple status points on domestic travel, I just received the following:

​​​​​​Kia ora 'Yotty'

Ready to escape the last of those winter blues? With Triple Status Points and flights from just $272 seat one way, now’s the time to get out and enjoy the sunshine in Aussie.

Book any flight to Aussie between 16-21 August 2018, and enter the promo code* AUSSIEBONUS when booking online and earn Triple Status Points when you fly with us.

But hurry, offer ends 11:59pm, Tuesday 21 August 2018.
Anyone else get this? I'm picking I got this as I have gone from 2x flights NZ > AU every month for the past 2 years down to none, as I have recently changed roles.

Not sure if this promo would work for anyone else, as per the T&Cs in the email:

To be eligible the participant must be an Air New Zealand Airpoints™ member who received this email and purchases an Air New Zealand operated flight from New Zealand to Australia (one-way or return) between 16-21 August 2018 for travel between 28 October 2018-30 June 2019. Correct Airpoints membership number and promo code AUSSIEBONUS must be entered at the time of booking to be eligible for Triple Status Points.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I received the same offer, except that it is a double SP offer. Interestingly, havent credited anything to Airpoints for around 4+ years.

Maybe I might start crediting to Airpoints when my TG*G status runs out in Dec 2020....
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I received it as well.. triple points promo.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: Nz*G
I got the same email, triple status points. Tried to book a flight for early October and it doesn’t count!
Ive been commuting Akl-Mel weekly all year but slowing up in October. Wish this had come sooner although I’ll smash elite this year again anyway. Would’ve been nice to bank some for next year
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I received the same offer, except that it is a double SP offer. Interestingly, havent credited anything to Airpoints for around 4+ years.

Maybe I might start crediting to Airpoints when my TG*G status runs out in Dec 2020....
Same mine was double - maybe it was based on your current NZ status? e.g. I've given up on sticking to NZ over the past 12months.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Got a triple as well. Booked a return to Sydney I needed to book anyway - paid J. Gets 360 SP at around $3.5/SP as there were Business Sale fares on.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Yotty beat me to posting about this offer. I got the triple one too, possibly as whilst I've been a multi-year Elite, a change in work patterns has seen me soft land to gold and in a few months I'll be back to silver. Whilst I'll miss the status I won't miss being away from home half the year.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Bonus Status Points

Am I the only person who has not been targeted -
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: NZ*G, United.
Originally Posted by Beano
Nope :-(

despite a recent change in travel and drop to gold as others have noted
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Beano
Not at all - clearly you have been specifically 'non-targeted'! Have I missed a career in Airline PR?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I was not targeted either. I am Elite and I travel with Air NZ to AUS at least twice a year :/
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:30 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
I have been specifically “non-targeted” too.

I’ve travelled to Australia a few times in the last year.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
I got the triple status points email as well. Have been elite for 4 years, wasn't looking like hitting the target this year (but do have one banked year). Booked a J return to Sydney which should just tip me over the required amount - thanks to NZ_Flyer for the heads up on J special fares!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
Got the email. I haven't traveled trans Tasman for over 24 months.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
I got an email offering me double Airpoints, not Status points...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.