Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Skycouch infant harness, belt and pod - are they in the wild?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Having seen the announcement for the "infant harness, belt and pod" alongside Skycouch which looks an interesting option for those travelling with young children, was wondering if anybody knows the status of these and if they are available yet?

Webpage here: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/spec...nt-harness-pod earlier in the week said available "mid 2018" and now it says "later in 2018". But the wisdom of flyertalk may know better?! Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Having seen the announcement for the "infant harness, belt and pod" alongside Skycouch which looks an interesting option for those travelling with young children, was wondering if anybody knows the status of these and if they are available yet?

Webpage here: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/spec...nt-harness-pod earlier in the week said available "mid 2018" and now it says "later in 2018". But the wisdom of flyertalk may know better?! Thanks in advance.
My understanding is waiting for final approval from FAA, CAA, etc.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AviationNZ
My understanding is waiting for final approval from FAA, CAA, etc.
Thanks. Any way to check status or find out as soon as it goes live, apart from watching AirNZ PR?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Thanks. Any way to check status or find out as soon as it goes live, apart from watching AirNZ PR?
I'm not too sure to be honest. Best guess would be to watch PR as I'm sure there will be an annoucement when it's available to sell/buy.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: NZ *E
I asked the crew today on 787 flight. They said it was pushed until Aug 20th - Didn't say why.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ace86
I asked the crew today on 787 flight. They said it was pushed until Aug 20th - Didn't say why.
Thanks for the info :-)
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Does anybody have any update on this? The webpage says "from later in 2018" which is now out of date..
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Skycouch Infants

i have seen them be used on 777 & 787. The people have to have paid for Skycouch. Harness looks tricky to get on wriggling Under 2’s but they looked quite secure when sleeping - it means you don’t have to get your under 2 y/o back into your lap when seatbelt sign comes on.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ace86
i have seen them be used on 777 & 787. The people have to have paid for Skycouch. Harness looks tricky to get on wriggling Under 2’s but they looked quite secure when sleeping - it means you don’t have to get your under 2 y/o back into your lap when seatbelt sign comes on.
Thanks that is great to know. Yes the seatbelt sign issue is a big reason for considering.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

I spoke with AirNZ and this is on 777 and Dreamliners - but suggested if we had specific flights in mind we could call ahead of booking and get it confirmed as they may not be on all flights.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: points traveller
any reviews of skycouch more generally?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
What do you want to know?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Literally hundreds of reviews online over the years, and many, many, threads on here discussing it.
diningdecadence likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: points traveller
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Literally hundreds of reviews online over the years, and many, many, threads on here discussing it.
to be fair i wasn't completely lazy - i did a keyword search in the AirNZ section and read a few threads

Originally Posted by nzkarit
What do you want to know?
i guess the main one would be - is it worth it compared to getting a bassinet seat (with an infant)? in particular - in a bassinet row are all the elbow rests fixed, or is there the ability to open it up between 2 specific seats like on other carriers. Also in the bassinet/bulkhead rows - is it a solid wall or is there a foot cutout.

Looking at AKL-IAH flight so super long time in the air and the thought of junior on the lap/ in the bassinet for that long vs potentially in his own 'seat' has it's advantages. Looks like it's $600. At the same time a twin seat for $99 might yield a similar result for way less cost.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
to be fair i wasn't completely lazy - i did a keyword search in the AirNZ section and read a few threads

i guess the main one would be - is it worth it compared to getting a bassinet seat (with an infant)? in particular - in a bassinet row are all the elbow rests fixed, or is there the ability to open it up between 2 specific seats like on other carriers. Also in the bassinet/bulkhead rows - is it a solid wall or is there a foot cutout.

Looking at AKL-IAH flight so super long time in the air and the thought of junior on the lap/ in the bassinet for that long vs potentially in his own 'seat' has it's advantages. Looks like it's $600. At the same time a twin seat for $99 might yield a similar result for way less cost.
Personally WAY better than a bassinet, but totally depends on your baby! Ours did not want to stay in the bassinet, we found the sky couch meant they had more room to move about. Also when baby is too old for the bassinet this is the best option, unless you get J of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.