Community
Wiki Posts
Search

APD and Status earn on regionals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Air NZ OPT isn't that great at present either. Up until last weekend I was sitting at 8 out of my last 10 flights that has been delayed beyond 15 mins. Now I'm sitting at 9/10 after my ROT-WLG was cancelled and I was routed via AKL which had significant delays.

The irony of this is that out of the 2 that had been on time 1 was the first flight in about 3 years that I've got to the airport late and missed!

Air NZ only update their OTP figures every 3 months now but this year hasn't been a great one for them.. https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/on-time-performance
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Air NZ OPT isn't that great at present either. Up until last weekend I was sitting at 8 out of my last 10 flights that has been delayed beyond 15 mins. Now I'm sitting at 9/10 after my ROT-WLG was cancelled and I was routed via AKL which had significant delays.

The irony of this is that out of the 2 that had been on time 1 was the first flight in about 3 years that I've got to the airport late and missed!

Air NZ only update their OTP figures every 3 months now but this year hasn't been a great one for them.. https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/on-time-performance
Need to have a look at the FR24 rules around using their data. Have done some API capturing on the Wellington Buses recently https://bus.karit.nz/ to look at their delayness etc.

Could do something looking at the airlines in more details. Than their published OTP
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:47 pm

The thing with airline OPT is there are many variables, and measuring departure time as an example won't always mean anything. This is why some reporting has moved to arrival times, and some is still on departure times.

It's not uncommon for TT flights to leave quite late if they know in advance it will be a quick flight as slot times at SYD as an example are critical. Arrive significantly early and the airline can actually be fined, not to mention having to potentially hold before they can land, and then face the issue that there may not be a gate.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
My notified delays (via Air NZ text message) totals 15+ hours so far this year in a succession of 20-30 minute delays. This excludes several cancellations and re-routes. It also excludes delays on the day - boarding five minutes late, slower than expected boarding, late paperwork etc, etc results in at least a 20 minute delay.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Would mean they could handle IRROP better & get more Govt travelers who have to pick cheapest flight in hour window (think it's an hour), know some who pick travel times to ensure JQ not in window
That would be Government employees other than MPs who seem to have different rules....I think the quote "be the change you want to see" is lost on them
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:02 am

I know somebody at a certain big company who's travel policy is NZ to the destination and the cheapest option back. They're sick of people who booked JQ and turned up late, but don't care if you're late coming back.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
Originally Posted by brenrox
DUD-PMR isn't cheap and 4SP is a bit of an insult.
Absolutely it is. GIS-HKK (via WLG&CHC) the other week, booked rather last minute. Fare was in excess of $500 and still earn was still only 8AP and 10SP. Absolutely pathetic

Company i used to work for had a policy of NZ and nothing else. And dont even think about the likes of Sounds and their single engine ops. This was relaxed, so we could fly the likes of Sounds Air and Air Chathams when Air NZ pulled WHK and WAG, but still no Jetstar.

Nowadays if the price is ridiculously different I'll fly JQ, but there would have to be a big difference. I definitely think these smaller airlines have shown me what Customer Loyalty looks like, and I now swing as much business through them as I possibly can.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: QF, NZ
I regularly travel JQ domestically and have yet to have a major delay or cancellation (I’m sure it will happen sooner or later). The 1200 QFF points and 20 SP’s adds up over time allowing me to attain my tier level. I have considered to edge back to using NZ only for the usage of their lounges regionally, but the SP’s seem very low on the regional routes And would take a lot more effort to achieve the same tier level (a catch 22 problem I’m currently facing). Enjoying the thread as I’m only new here.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
And a warm welcome to Flyer Talk and your first post!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Been flying JQ lately when it’s cheaper. Just pay the $8 and get the front row seats. To be honest I think Jetstar have been on time more than NZ lately on flights I’ve been on.

I find the NZ lounges a bit ho hum lately. You get sick of the food and often they’re a bit dirty ie plates need clearing , needs a vacuum etc. especially the AKL lounge, not so much the WLG lounge which is altogether nicer anyway. Some of the staff at the AKL lounge just seem to be going through the motions, (not the greeters though at the entrance).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ellice
Been flying JQ lately when it’s cheaper. Just pay the $8 and get the front row seats. To be honest I think Jetstar have been on time more than NZ lately on flights I’ve been on.

I find the NZ lounges a bit ho hum lately. You get sick of the food and often they’re a bit dirty ie plates need clearing , needs a vacuum etc. especially the AKL lounge, not so much the WLG lounge which is altogether nicer anyway. Some of the staff at the AKL lounge just seem to be going through the motions, (not the greeters though at the entrance).
Yeah domestically you do start to see the meals repeat. Worst was evening meal in Auckland was the same as the evening meal in Wellington the night before.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:45 pm

Yeah domestically you do start to see the meals repeat. Worst was evening meal in Auckland was the same as the evening meal in Wellington the night before.
They're fixed menus that change seasonally so you should expect to see this happen.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:33 pm

In my opinion food generally has gone downhill. The AKL international lounge is nowhere near as good as when opened and I have seen a steady decline. Last Saturday the scrambled eggs for breakfast were dry and almost inedible - well I only had one mouthful. I have taken to getting food from outside the lounge and taking it into MEL. Wellington Domestic is not too bad and Queenstown ok but I agree that the overall food offering could be improved.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
They're fixed menus that change seasonally so you should expect to see this happen.
How many options? At Auckland eating on a Wednesday what ate last Friday.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
How many options? At Auckland eating on a Wednesday what ate last Friday.
it’s probably left overs from last Friday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.