APD from EY flight

Old Jul 18, 18, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ
APD from EY flight

I recently flew EDI/AUH/KUL on EY on an economy ticket in U class. I got the APD for the EDI/AUH sector, but for the AUH/KUL sector I upgraded using Plusgrade and received no APD, no doubt because the business class bucket it was upgraded to is ineligible. However I did expect to receive the APD for the original U class booking.

I submitted a missing points claim, but this was rejected - again no doubt because of the biz class booking code. Unfortunately the rejection email was one of those "no reply" ones so I cannot fire back with an explanation.

Does anyone have any experience of this with EY upgrades? And is there an Airpoints email address I can write to explain the circumstances? I have no status with NZ. I am outside NZ at the moment so calling isn't the best option.
Old Jul 18, 18, 12:12 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Wife has same situation with upgraded VA flight - didnt bother to pursue it manually as the BP was missing.

Try this from NZ’s site:

Important note: Unfortunately, we are currently unable to receive online claim requests to process missing Airpoints Dollars and Status Points for the following airline operated flights: Air Pacific, Air Tahiti Nui, Aircalin and Air Vanuatu.

For these claims, please submit your boarding passes along with your Airpoints number to [email protected].
Old Jul 18, 18, 12:23 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Yes, reply to the no reply email as it is still monitored to receive your travel documents.
Old Jul 18, 18, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Thai-Kiwi and Xiaotung! How cunning of NZ!!
Old Jul 19, 18, 2:09 pm

Interestingly I took a flight from Santiago to Cusco with Latam and tried to credit it to my AA. It was rejected. I looked into it later and found out, for some strange reason, it was ineligible to earn any miles for that flight/route (even though I flew with Latam from Auckland to Santiago and that was credited just fine). Maybe its a similar thing here? I recently at a BP flight with air nz booked through UA that was wrongly credited though (and later fixed) so it's worth pursuing if you need the SP.
Old Jul 19, 18, 4:35 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer View Post
I recently at a BP flight with air nz booked through UA that was wrongly credited though (and later fixed) so it's worth pursuing if you need the SP.
In this case the OP won't earn SP though, just APD - either $18 or $29 depending on whether it was a discount or full fare economy ticket.
Old Jul 19, 18, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
In this case the OP won't earn SP though, just APD - either $18 or $29 depending on whether it was a discount or full fare economy ticket.
Yes, I am expecting $18 APD and no SP. I won't shed too many tears if I don't get the APD!

I have replied to the 'no reply' email with documentation and an explanation and I await to see what happens.