Wiki Posts
Search

Switching flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Switching flights

What is the normal procedure when there is a flight change of about 11hrs (NZ46 today) ?
Do they normally ask (or allow ) if you want to switch planes (to say a earlier plane) ?
both with and without status
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Ive had an 9hr delay on NZ937 (AKL-OOL) in the past, called NZ at 1am in the morning and spent over an hour on the phone but resulted in getting the last seats on NZ101 so did AKL-SYD-OOL and still managed to arrive in OOL only 1hour late.

It took allot of pushing and telling NZ the other options we're, think the main issues was that I had online check-ed in so required airport control to un-check me before they could change the flights...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Were you a Koru Club member then ?
Were you Jade ?
Had you upgraded to PE or BP ?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Beano
Were you a Koru Club member then ?
Were you Jade ?
Had you upgraded to PE or BP ?
Was Koru, and flying seat only
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Find options and preference of flights then call. As per cavemanzk, they can do it.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
Find options and preference of flights then call. As per cavemanzk, they can do it.
And of the first operator won’t do it, hang up an try again with another operator.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Kia ora

Air New Zealand would like to apologise for the delay of your flight NZ46 Auckland to Rarotonga tomorrow morning. This delay is a result of a hydraulic leak on the aircraft scheduled to operate your flight.

Your new flight details are as follows:

NZ46 Auckland to Rarotonga - 15 July
Departing - 6:30pm
Arriving - 12:20am

This message may also serve as confirmation of today's disruption, should you wish to attempt to claim any associated costs through your travel insurance provider.

We appreciate this disruption may have impacted your travel plans, and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Mā te wā,
Shielam
Air New Zealand Customer Care
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:04 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Beano
Kia ora

Air New Zealand would like to apologise for the delay of your flight NZ46 Auckland to Rarotonga tomorrow morning. This delay is a result of a hydraulic leak on the aircraft scheduled to operate your flight.

Your new flight details are as follows:

NZ46 Auckland to Rarotonga - 15 July
Departing - 6:30pm
Arriving - 12:20am

This message may also serve as confirmation of today's disruption, should you wish to attempt to claim any associated costs through your travel insurance provider.

We appreciate this disruption may have impacted your travel plans, and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Mā te wā,
Shielam
Air New Zealand Customer Care
odd sign off phrase - appropriate on the plane, but not an email I would have thought

(excuse my randomness)

Last edited by jeffrocowboy; Jul 19, 2018 at 2:24 am Reason: corrected first word to odd as mistyped as off
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
off sign off phrase - appropriate on the plane, but not an email I would have thought

(excuse my randomness)
The translation is "until next time" - I too find it a little bit strange for an email sign off. It is perfect for a plane though.
jeffrocowboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.