Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible Burger

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by wayoutwest

No problem that wrong for animals to suffer, but why do you need something that mimics meat? Maybe however better than the breakfast wrap NZ served on NZ 46 in J. Could have done with Veges would have made it palatable .
Ask the parents trying to get their kids to eat veges. My dad paid me 1c for every pea I ate on my plate once. He tried saying I couldn't leave the table until I'd eaten all my veges but I was still sitting there well past my bed time!

I have tried some vegetarian sausages once, and they were 'good for what they were' but weren't really a match for meat. I do think some vegetarians get a bit of a raw deal when it comes to plane food. Not sure about NZ specifically but have seen some other pictures from other airlines on social media.

I don't think this burger is to replace the mainstream options, it is for vegetarians and anyone else that's curious.

I did see some social media comment about not having enough funding for R&D into this type of food in NZ, hence there's none happening here apparently so Air NZ looked overseas.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
If you are not supposed to eat meat, why did they make it taste sooooooooo good! And then there is Bacon!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: NZ Silver
I saw a picture of the “meat” in the burger and it’s put me off ever trying a meat alternative, the texture looks terrible. I too was disappointed they didn’t use their brand to back a Kiwi company...a quick google search suggests there are plenty of kiwi companies producing plant based “meat”.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
The normal burger I received on NZ3 a few months ago was the best inflight burger I'd ever had. Even beat many on the ground. Given how good it was, I'm not sure if I'd want to try something different!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by drajknox
I go to Melbourne a fair bit and when there recently was going to buy a burger from ‘Lord of The Fries’ but didn’t when I found out that none of their burgers had real meat - synthetic beef, synthetic chicken. Did a bit of research and found out that there is an Israeli originated machine where burger patties can be 3D printed. For now I prefer the real meat! As cost pressures are applied to increase profits who knows what will be used to make synthetic meat!
Horse meat ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.