Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Meals - Menus & Photos

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Business Class Meals - Menus & Photos

Mods - I searched for a current thread that was not flight specific so perhaps this one can be used to include other NZ flights. Also, feel free to change the thread title if you want to keep to limited to TPAC flights versus domestic or regional.

I recently flew NZ 7 SFO-AKL. It was a great flight in terms of food and service. Perhaps I was pleasantly surprised given how NZ compared to the carriers I fly most often. A great showing NZ!

Here is the menu for the flight, followed by the photos I took.

Loved the unique glasses used on NZ for the PDB bubbles

When they took the drink orders for after departure, I really didn't know what to choose. I don't drink reds when I fly and I don't drink whites at home (LOL) and I don't have access to the wide variety and selection of the amazing New Zealand wines, so I asked one of the crew. He suggested this Pinot Gris and it was excellent. I found it was bright, crisp and a bit fruity, and I actually decided to have it with the appetizer and dinner as well. It was perfect.

Unlike other airlines who only offer one appetizer option and often only shellfish, I was impressed that NZ had two options and this was perfect.

I was also impressed with the selection of warm breads offered including garlic bread, olive bread and the dark rye.

These were delicious with the olive oil.

I like that NZ provides fresh butter in a dish versus other airlines which used the packages. This is tastier and classy.

I also liked the small serving of the salt and pepper and I liked that I could sprinkled the amount I needed on the food versus be served the exceedingly salty food I find on other airlines.

I've had the mid-flight burger on BR and CX.

This was just fantastic and so much better in flavour and especially presentation. Just delicious.

The galley FA actually apologized as the bacon listed on the menu was not on the burger but I actually found the burger, onions and so on to be perfect as it was. The beet relish was delicious too.

I was offered this dessert wine. Quite nice.

And this was my choice for dessert. OUTSTANDING !!!!

This mixed berry smoothie to start for breakfast was fantastic.

Loved the fresh fruit.

Photo of the granola which I did not have.

This fruit bread toast was just fantastic.

Some other items from the basket of warm items.

This was great. I don't eat ham so I asked if it could be served without. Really impressed with presentation and taste.

D582 and Cappuccino like this.

Last edited by 24left; Jun 21, 2018 at 9:40 am Reason: correct the routing
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

NZ 6 AKL-LAX

I would say that the service and food were better on my NZ 7. The crew seemed rushed and less attentive on this flight and the food overall was nice but just not as impressive.

Laurent Perrier champagne for my PDB. And cabin mood lighting.

The fresh orange juice was great.

For pre-dinner drinks, I asked for a recommendation but the crew seemed impatient and couldn't go through the offerings, so I just said "Pinot Gris will be fine, thanks"

As with NZ 7, this one was quite nice too and I had it with dinner as well.

We had quite the lengthy bit of turbulence that not only stopped meal service and forced the crew to take their seats.

It was amusing to watch the wine literally jump out of the glass. It was nice that the captain came on to announce the reason and the wind speed and how long it would continue and where in the flight it would be. It never bothers me but I appreciate that the captain took the time to provide the info.

I asked if there were some crisps and these were just fantastic.

Eventually meal service resumed and I chose this appetizer. I liked the roasted eggplant and walnuts, but skipped the chicken.

Again a delicious dark rye from the bread basket selection.

This was nice although the chicken wasn't exactly roasted. I didn't eat the kale but all of the other sides and sauces were tasty.

OK, now THIS was the highlight of the meal! OUTSTANDING !!!

Breakfast also included the berry-banana smoothie which was great.

I had some fruit and vanilla yogurt.

The croissant was warm and tasty.

This waffle was fantastic.

Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
It's worth noting (especially for prawn lovers) that Air NZ have recently announced they have pulled prawns from the menu because they're unable to source "ethically produced" product.

Laurent Perrier is a recent champagne change. I've been told they will now be rotating through champagne every 3 months or so.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
......Laurent Perrier is a recent champagne change. I've been told they will now be rotating through champagne every 3 months or so.
I didn't post the page with the list of Drinks, however it shows Billecart-Salmon Brut NV champagne as well. I inquired with crew on both flights and it was not available. I did not ask how the rotation works.

Interestingly, AC recently switched to the same Laurent Perrier after years and years of Drappier. Major improvement. For AC.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
I didn't post the page with the list of Drinks, however it shows Billecart-Salmon Brut NV champagne as well. I inquired with crew on both flights and it was not available. I did not ask how the rotation works.

Interestingly, AC recently switched to the same Laurent Perrier after years and years of Drappier. Major improvement. For AC.
I was told last week that LP has replaced Billecart for the next few months, they may rotate between the two, which is fine by me. Qatar used to serve Billecart in business, but dropped it last year to save money. They are both good quality champagnes for business class.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
The first time I had the poached eggs I was thinking, how can they poach eggs in a plane?! And low and behold they arrived hard boiled. So I was like ah, "poached" just means hard boiled.

Well... On my flight last week I ordered it again. And what would you know they came perfectly poached! Delicious.

The bread selection that air nz offers is delicious. I love the garlic and olive bread.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:14 pm

I am a huge Billecart fan and had never tried LP - it certainly hit the spot last week though. I had to drink it throughout the flight so I got different bottles and temperatures just to check for product consistency.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Well... On my flight last week I ordered it again. And what would you know they came perfectly poached! Delicious.
Just came back on NZ1 LAX-AKL last night and had the poached eggs for breakfast...arguably the best breakfast I've ever had on a plane, and even stacks up against some of my favourite cafes! The eggs were spot on.

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
The bread selection that air nz offers is delicious. I love the garlic and olive bread.
Completely agree, can't get enough of the garlic bread!!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I am a huge Billecart fan and had never tried LP - it certainly hit the spot last week though. I had to drink it throughout the flight so I got different bottles and temperatures just to check for product consistency.
They are both Brut (dry)
I found Billecart on the dry side. I much prefer LP
Dosage
Billecart = 9g / L
LP = 10g / L
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold
I had the Ginger nut Ice cream last week, it was amazing. Anyone know what brand they use and if it can be purchased in NZ?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Johnnynz
I had the Ginger nut Ice cream last week, it was amazing. Anyone know what brand they use and if it can be purchased in NZ?
I had it as well with the brandy snap except my brandy snap was crushed.

My pick would be Kapiti based on their existing relationship with Fonterra/Kapiti for single serve ice cream.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I really need to stop looking at my NZ food photos before I've had breakfast (in my current time zone).

That said, many things stood out on these flights, both in terms of service and food. Given the single word description I used for both ice cream desserts, those were clearly the winners. Not only were the NZ ice creams presented beautifully, the tastes were just amazing. They were even better than the chocolate chip mint I had on SQ. NZ ice creams certainly blow away any airline that serves such in those paper cups - which is fine for mid-flight snack e.g. CX
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by AviationNZ
Completely agree, can't get enough of the garlic bread!!
I’ve never chosen anything but the garlic bread! So delicious!
Flyerholic and AviationNZ like this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Member

Yes it is Kapiti, Gingernut. You can buy it in most good supermarkets, in a multi serve container, around $9-10.
Flyerholic likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greer
Yes it is Kapiti, Gingernut. You can buy it in most good supermarkets, in a multi serve container, around $9-10.
My first ever Kapiti and first time in New Zealand on a previous trip. Mmmmmm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.