Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most idiotic boarding process ever

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Suggest the OP would be more accurate to comment on the Idiotic passengers who do not follow the clear signs and direction at boarding.
Rather than the clear and logical boarding process that has been used for a long period of time and is efficient.
AviationNZ and dadig like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Suggest the OP would be more accurate to comment on the Idiotic passengers who do not follow the clear signs and direction at boarding.
Rather than the clear and logical boarding process that has been used for a long period of time and is efficient.
The system has to accommodate the people who are using it. As obviously the other way around doesn't work.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:00 pm

It still beats the zone-based unallocated seating boarding systems which results in passengers fighting it out for the best seats in their allocated zones.

Last edited by ZaphB; Jun 9, 2018 at 8:24 pm
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by ZaphB
It still beats the zone-based unallocated seating boarding systems which results in passengers fighting it out for the best seats in their allocated zones.
Which systems are those? I only know of one: Southwest.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Which systems are those? I only know of one: Southwest.
Thai Air Asia started with this system, since changed I think. Back then those who boarded early (and were solo) seemed to occupy the centre seats in the 737 (B and E), presumably in the hope that no- one would sit it that row. If the aisle seat was subsequently occupied, then they would slide over to the window once doors closed, so that at least both pax had elbow room.

Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Completely agree!!! It’s not Air NZ’s fault some people can’t follow instructions. It’s not that hard!! As many have stated, it’s pretty common practice in many countries around the world, and when people follow the simple instructions it works a charm.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I much prefer Air NZ.boarding to what I am otherwise used to, that being USA domestic flights. I hate domestic USA flights. Despite the fact that there is staggered boarding, it still takes significantly longer to load the plane and pax are far more aggressive during the process too.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Alaska, etc.
Originally Posted by s0ssos
The system has to accommodate the people who are using it. As obviously the other way around doesn't work.
Absolutely. As it is, the next time I'm on one of these front/rear boarding flights I'll go with the jetway if I'm in the first 2/3 of the plane. That way I can be in my seat in time to video the aisle struggle. ;-)
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Smile You're so lucky just having an opportunity to fly ANZ domestic!

NZ's been our dream bucket list destination for 50+ years and even though we're getting on in years (77 & 72) we'd gladly hobble up and down those air stairs many times just to be there awhile!

Enjoy it folks; you're still flying on one of the world's greatest airlines ever!

V&R at Tembo in Canada
smeags_nz and NZbutterfly like this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I am sure many people here would take issue with ANZ being one of the best airlines in the world, haha. I like it but I haven't had much experience with Asia/Middle East Airlines.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Without fail, every A320 departure out of ZQN I have been on in the last few years, there are a handful of non-english speaking tourists (generalisation I know) boarding from the front trying to get to their seats in row 20 something. It's still the stragglers coming that security that hold the flight up though, not them.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I am sure many people here would take issue with ANZ being one of the best airlines in the world, haha. I like it but I haven't had much experience with Asia/Middle East Airlines.
You don't know how lucky you are! Unless you like tedious bus transfers and impatient fellow passengers trying to push past you on the air stairs and even in the aisle of the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.