Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Typical AKL-CHC prices

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:51 am
Original Poster

if i were to book an award ticket via UA, would i be able to pay additional fee for flexitime?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kaiotes
if i were to book an award ticket via UA, would i be able to pay additional fee for flexitime?
No. You would need a paid ticket to have flexitime, in which case why bother with the award?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Price of the flight I want went up sicne this morning but award ticket inventory opened up for an afternoon flight. Trying to leave in the morning.

Do I get any checked baggage allowance w award ticket?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:08 am

I don't know if they still do this, but if you proxy into a NZ IP address they have even lower fares.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Interesting. My VPN doesn't have Nz as an option. What other country would work
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:12 am

Price of the flight I want went up sicne this morning but award ticket inventory opened up for an afternoon flight. Trying to leave in the morning.

Do I get any checked baggage allowance w award ticket?
Yes (at least a UA award)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:20 am

Interesting. My VPN doesn't have Nz as an option. What other country would work
Hmm, I guess Air New Zealand has gotten smarter. I did use a vpn into New Zealand but it is still pricing me out in US dollars.

Can you access the Expedia website (the New Zealand website, expedia.co.nz)? For example, Air New Zealand is giving me $192 USD for Oct 5 as the cheapest (all flights are that price), but if you go into Expedia New Zealand it drops to $81 NZ, which is even less in USD.
(and it does appear it is a seat + bag fare, as Expedia notes first bag is free)
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:44 am
Original Poster

MY carry on is usually > 7kg so I would need two checked bags. Would I be able to add another prepaid bag and upgrade to flexible if I buy from third party site?

NZ expedia price for seat and bag is slightly more expensive ($4). Probably to account for the credit card surcharge.

I would need. To try to get on an earlier flight.. I probably should have done flexi pass earlier since it's fully refundable and gives two checked bags allowance.
ua award route wouldn't work at this point as there is no space for the flight I want.

I vpned to Singapore and it showed the same price. I don't have Australia as a VPN option
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There is no need to use a proxy or VPN to access the .co.nz website and access NZ origin fares.
Kiwi Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.