Bruce Parton to leave AirNZ

Old May 28, 2018, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Bruce Parton to leave AirNZ

any speculation on the impact of this on AirNZ's operations

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12060171
A key figure at the top of Air New Zealand will leave the airline later this year.
Chief operations officer Bruce Parton will leave at the end of September after 22 years at the airline, prompting a shake-up of the airline's structure.Air New Zealand chief executive Christopher Luxon said Parton had advised him last year that he wanted to take a break from corporate life.Luxon said Parton's career had been hugely successful.Parton joined Air New Zealand in 1996 and before his appointment in November 2007 as general manager of all its short-haul international and domestic operations, he had been general manager of the domestic airline, Pacific airline and airline operation.Parton, in his early 50s, was appointed to his current chief operations officer role in January, 2013.Since then this role has been accountable for the major operational areas of the company, with responsibility for more than 7000 staff.''Bruce is a highly respected member of the executive and always brings positive energy to the team. I personally value his tremendous commercial acumen, results orientation and entrepreneurial spirit,'' Luxon said in a newsletter to staff.Luxon said operations would now be restructured.

The organisational structure of the operations function will be split into two pillars – one focused on ground operations and another focused on air operations.

Luxon said he would appoint a chief ground operations officer soon to work alongside chief air operations and people safety officer John Whittaker.
Old May 28, 2018, 11:40 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
For a time Bruce engaged on flyertalk.

Bruce invited a number of us to an AirNZ Road Show function in Wellington in 2010.
djsteve likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:00 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
also at AKL around similar time
NZ_Flyer likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Bruce was a people person. He'll be missed by a lot of Air New Zealanders.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
I think Bruce will be a great loss to Air New Zealand. As well as engaging with him when he contributed to this forum, I also had a fair bit of contact with him by email. He was always friendly and helpful.

I'm sorry he's going - he gave a more human face to the company than is apparent from others in top jobs in the company nowadays.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.