Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Flexible Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Booking Flexible Tickets

On the US site of ANZ trying to book a flexible ticket without penalty for cancellation or changes but the fares that are pulled up are only ones that have restrictions and cancellation fees without any way to specifically up-fare.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to book higher fares on the website?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Where to and what cabin?

domestic in NZ there’s Flexi-plus.

Business class international (unless discounted) is fully refundable.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Assuming this is an international fare it works exactly the same way it does on the .co.nz site

After you've selected a fare type, and then entered your pax details the "extras" screen gives you the option of upgrading your fare to a flexi and shows the price.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Oh thanks so much for pointing out the extra's step.
I do see it.
I will give it a whirl - wow the up fare is quite expensive.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: Air NZ*GE
ive always just taken the 150 a leg cancellation fee hit but I would only cancel not change times which I suppose it could be useful for.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
You can book via the contact centre. They waived booking and other fees because I booked a specific fare class that I could not on the website last week. I wanted about 5 extra status points hence why I did not want to select the "Full flexible option" but a higher Economy class. Similarly there may be different classes of flexi-economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.