Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trent woes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Rebound
Possibly to do with the Bali volcano disruptions, that affected a few NZ flights.
What does Bali have to do with flights to HNL and OKF's schedule? Its last to Asia flight was all on schedule looking at FR24. Given that it didn't do a Sydney rotation guessing tech.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-oki

Looks ZK-OKI is entering service today on NZ107/110 AKL-SYD-AKL, then planned todo it again on Sunday.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:10 pm

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Flying AKL -> HNL anad back in mid / late September, really getting nervous about disruptions / cancellations now...
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by lagbort
Flying AKL -> HNL anad back in mid / late September, really getting nervous about disruptions / cancellations now...
OKI should be well established in it routine by then. I really wouldn't worry too much now, as they have a plan and spare planes in place.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 11:35 am

OKI is now scheduled to fly HNL to AKL on the 12th
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:41 pm

For those flying to/from Honolulu (or on ZK-OKI) between I've put together a mini review and outlined the movies and service, that I received and you can probably expect:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29970927-post17.html
Lpmnz likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:43 pm

RR is offering support credits, cheaper overhauls and discounts instead of actual compensation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-15/rolls-royce-is-said-to-offer-airlines-credits-for-787-groundings
AviationNZ likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
RR is offering support credits, cheaper overhauls and discounts instead of actual compensation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...787-groundings
Wonder how this is going to benfit someone like NZ who leases there Trent-1000s on power by the hour option? surely that would already cover the overhall costs etc.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Wonder how this is going to benfit someone like NZ who leases there Trent-1000s on power by the hour option? surely that would already cover the overhall costs etc.
Maybe that is were the discounts on new engines or hours comes in?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:01 pm

My AKL-HKG next week just got canceled, only noticed it because I went onto app!

Has as been replaced with an 1:35am departure, not pumped.

They could have atlesst offered, an option to go on the afternoon CX flight.

Last edited by cavemanzk; Jul 17, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
My AKL-HKG next week just got canceled, only noticed it because I went onto app!

Has as been replaced with an 1:35am departure, not pumped.

They could have atlesst offered, an option to go on the afternoon CX flight.
With the greatest of respect, this amounts to what, a 90 minute or so delay? I'll agree it's far from ideal but the only reason the original flight is cancelled and a new one created is due to rules around slot use in Hong Kong. There is a requirement to fit within an acceptable window ergo 87 goes and 89 is created with a new arrival slot. Some airports you'd simply put a planned delay on the service and run it as the original flight as they aren't as concerned/don't monitor or penalise slot conformance.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by waterwingsNZ
With the greatest of respect, this amounts to what, a 90 minute or so delay? I'll agree it's far from ideal but the only reason the original flight is cancelled and a new one created is due to rules around slot use in Hong Kong. There is a requirement to fit within an acceptable window ergo 87 goes and 89 is created with a new arrival slot. Some airports you'd simply put a planned delay on the service and run it as the original flight as they aren't as concerned/don't monitor or penalise slot conformance.
An midnight departure is not too bad e.g you'll probably get dinner at 1-1.30am NZ time. We're as an 1.35am departure probably means you'll get dinner between 2-3am in the morning NZ time, really does not set you up for an win if you're ending your trip in HKG.

They could of at-least offered an change to the afternoon CX flight as an option.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:59 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Just got a notice that an early September booking I have HNL-AKL-HNL, scheduled 787-9 in both directions, has been changed to an EVA Air 777-300, operated by NZ crew. It specifically calls out the EVA product.

"We’re excited to have secured this particular aircraft which is of a similar standard to our Air New Zealand fleet with Business, Premium Economy and Economy class seating.

If you’re not familiar with EVA Air, the airline was awarded Best Business Class and Premium Economy Class in Asia at the 2018 TripAdvisor Awards which are determined by airline reviews and ratings submitted by travellers worldwide."
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by dll
Just got a notice that an early September booking I have HNL-AKL-HNL, scheduled 787-9 in both directions, has been changed to an EVA Air 777-300, operated by NZ crew. It specifically calls out the EVA product.

"We’re excited to have secured this particular aircraft which is of a similar standard to our Air New Zealand fleet with Business, Premium Economy and Economy class seating.

If you’re not familiar with EVA Air, the airline was awarded Best Business Class and Premium Economy Class in Asia at the 2018 TripAdvisor Awards which are determined by airline reviews and ratings submitted by travellers worldwide."
Just got the same email for our mid-September booking
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:46 am

So then OKI goes? Or will some short-haul route end up with it over summer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.