Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trent woes

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by AviationNZ
Very much doubt it'll be re-fitted, I'd suggest it's purely been bought in to temporarily assist whilst RR engines are fixed.
If they have gone to the effort to move it on the ZK register - its going to be around for an while.

In the past they have kept aircraft on the owners country rego.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
If they have gone to the effort to move it on the ZK register - its going to be around for an while.

In the past they have kept aircraft on the owners country rego.
I believe NZ pilots can't fly it unless it carries a NZ rego.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:41 pm

As for a refit the plane is in SIN AFIAK and that is where NZ got the 77W refit done. Assuming they can source the seats and galley in a timely manner.

Remember that RR is saying 2022 or something before they can make enough parts to fix all the engines. So even if it is a fill in air craft it will still be here for a while.

It is going on the ZK register so want a NZ flight and cabin crew to offer a NZ service. Without a refit can the SQ galley provide a NZ service? Right ovens, etc.

If it is going to be here a while they will want a NZ fitout to give themselves route flexibility don't want to chop and change seat maps and if a plane goes tech or starts running late they will want to be able to giggle the plane allocations without also having the juggle the pax. The A340 is here until late June or so, so there is time to put the 772 in the shop.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Nope. 1-2-1 26J (2006 era) and 3-3-3 245Y
I know you seem to have inside info, so are probably correct sbiddle

But if you go through the online photos in theory of 9V-SVL they are consistently 2:2:2

BCE
Old May 15, 2018, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
. Without a refit can the SQ galley provide a NZ service? Right ovens, etc.
I will have the SQ Lobster Thermidor over whatever NZ usually serves.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
I believe NZ pilots can't fly it unless it carries a NZ rego.
What did NZ do when they used to get the 767s from LOT in the late 90s?
Old May 15, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
9V-Svl is a 1-2-1, fully lie fkat J config. I've flown it a few times into CHC. Try and nab 11A/K as there is more space for your feet as it's a bulkhead. The seats have large TV screen yet the IFE is low definition and looks average.

in Y they are showing their age but 49 A/C are the seats of choice
Old May 15, 2018, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by bce1
I know you seem to have inside info, so are probably correct sbiddle

But if you go through the online photos in theory of 9V-SVL they are consistently 2:2:2

BCE
While I have inside sources, my source this time was simply the internet.

This thread on FT shows the fleet seating configs, and another link I also found matched this. This aircraft has been used a lot on the PER-SIN and BNE-SIN routes so is the standard product used on those routes.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:03 am

With AKL-SYD going 5x daily 77E from mid December could this lease have already been in the works months back? Picking up some used 77E's that had low cycles but high hours could be an cheap deal, and great use on the Tasman.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: NZ*E
https://traveltalk.nz/news-opinion/a...r-dreamliners/

Air New Zealand is leasing a Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-200ER to cover for its Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft which have been impacted by Rolls Royce engine issues.

Boeing 777-212ER registration 9V-SVL (MSN 32336) has been registered on the New Zealand Civil Aviation register as ZK-OKI. Registering the aircraft with a New Zealand registration allows it to be crewed with Air New Zealand pilots and cabin crew.

The aircraft is fitted with 26 business class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration and 245 economy class seats in a 3-3-3 configuration.

The aircraft is expected to take over flying the Auckland to Honolulu route which will be serviced by charter airline HiFly from May 22nd until June 10th. <-- looks correct that it is flying a 777-200ER from 11 June
Old May 16, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by mmonster
https://traveltalk.nz/news-opinion/a...r-dreamliners/

Air New Zealand is leasing a Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-200ER to cover for its Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft which have been impacted by Rolls Royce engine issues.

Boeing 777-212ER registration 9V-SVL (MSN 32336) has been registered on the New Zealand Civil Aviation register as ZK-OKI. Registering the aircraft with a New Zealand registration allows it to be crewed with Air New Zealand pilots and cabin crew.

The aircraft is fitted with 26 business class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration and 245 economy class seats in a 3-3-3 configuration.

The aircraft is expected to take over flying the Auckland to Honolulu route which will be serviced by charter airline HiFly from May 22nd until June 10th. <-- looks correct that it is flying a 777-200ER from 11 June
Wow its almost like the the author of the article and the sbiddle on FT have the same source......
Old May 16, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Wow its almost like the the author of the article and the sbiddle on FT have the same source......
Very funny
Old May 17, 2018, 1:11 am

I am a little less certain about the HNL route. I was told this, but Air NZ are still selling PE and Skycouch on this route.
Old May 17, 2018, 1:15 am

The seatmap of my NZ29 IAH-AKL flight on the 5th June has changed from the 789 V2 to the 789 V1 (I noticed because my seat select got fudged). Looks like there's no PE/J available to book anymore either, so imagine some people are going to be annoyed about being pushed off the plane or downgraded...

Interesting that it's not on the travel alert page at all, given that all aircraft swaps on IAH flights have been to 772 or 773s, not to the lower premium density 789.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by backfiah
The seatmap of my NZ29 IAH-AKL flight on the 5th June has changed from the 789 V2 to the 789 V1 (I noticed because my seat select got fudged). Looks like there's no PE/J available to book anymore either, so imagine some people are going to be annoyed about being pushed off the plane or downgraded...

Interesting that it's not on the travel alert page at all, given that all aircraft swaps on IAH flights have been to 772 or 773s, not to the lower premium density 789.
Do all the 789 v1 have Package C Engines? As would be interesting to know how the HNL goes with the ETOPS restrictions? Or possibly one the v1s rebuilt after Decembers issues? So not covered by the ETOPS restrictions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.