Trent woes

Old May 1, 18, 8:06 pm

Programs: Nz*G
Iím flying out of IAH on the 4th May and it has been swapped from 789 v2 to a 772.

i didnít think that 773 had the range to do IAH-akl ?
Old May 1, 18, 10:08 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo View Post
5th May 777-300, 6th of M.ay 777-200, also flight showing 9th May 777-200, 11th may showing 787 again
11 may AKL-IAH is now a 777-300, which makes me happy, because I'm on it and I prefer it to the 789. I presume they will keep swapping the IAH flights out to 777's, which makes sense.
Old May 1, 18, 10:09 pm

ANZ uses the ER versions of the 772 and 773 which can do 13000km+ I believe. IAH-AKL is around 12000km.
Old May 1, 18, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lpmnz View Post
Iím flying out of IAH on the 4th May and it has been swapped from 789 v2 to a 772.

i didnít think that 773 had the range to do IAH-akl ?
The 77W has the same range as the 772ER.
Old May 2, 18, 12:30 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite; Qantas Platinum; China Southern Gold; Marriott PPE; Accor Gold
Just reading the comments above this really is a mess. I totally understand that its not NZ's fault but if I look at my own behavior I have just booked a few long haul flights on other airlines as i have time sensitive meetings and just don't want to risk having flights change.

I haven't even looked into it in detail I just am hearing all the "noise" and decided to steer clear of Air NZ for now.

i wonder if others who have the option on paid J of booking elsewhere will do the same and whether this will hit their premium $$?
Old May 2, 18, 1:40 am

Programs: Air NZ *E
Change of booking class with less status points due to flight change

so Iím flying on NZ6 next week with earlier flight time, and air nz automatically re-booked my connection out of LA on codeshare airline to an earlier connection as well.

The connection has gone from full fare business booking class to discounted business booking class with about 50 less status points.

although wonít be enough to stop my regaining elete, it still seems a little rough!
Old May 2, 18, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by wackyflyer View Post
so Iím flying on NZ6 next week with earlier flight time, and air nz automatically re-booked my connection out of LA on codeshare airline to an earlier connection as well.

The connection has gone from full fare business booking class to discounted business booking class with about 50 less status points.

although wonít be enough to stop my regaining elete, it still seems a little rough! No offer from Air NZ of partial refund (not sure if Air NZ got the connection cheaper)
Old May 2, 18, 7:08 am

although wonít be enough to stop my regaining elete, it still seems a little rough!
Assuming you're crediting to NZ then I'd be asking for an original routing credit based on your initial booking. Unless you're anticipating you'll need to make changes then being on the discounted business won't make a difference (except for the point earning differences).
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old May 2, 18, 8:07 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold, Hilton Gold
Just as a reference point, my 787 domestic flight for July (obviously still ages away) has now been swapped to an A320. Given the issues, no huge surprise I guess.

Should be interesting to see how they handle the loss of the J seats - really can’t decide if it’s worth the effort to chase really, other than to test how good or bad they are in dealing with it. I’m particularly interested as they’ve been pretty poor in dealing with involuntary downgrades for my relatives due to the 787 issues.
Old May 2, 18, 9:14 am

May Changes

Quick recap:

Rebooked next day for NZ5 as the earlier departure time didnít work for me. Premium economy seat rebooked on next day.

Also given a 55 minute connection to Sydney in Auckland. Given a Works+ seat for now on the A320.

When I asked about return (May 21), call center agent had a huge pause and said ďitís fine for nowĒ.

Looks like the Monday NZ6 in May (5/14 and 5/21) are the only NZ6 flights that havenít yet been changed.

Seems odd that only Monday flights remain unchanged.
Old May 2, 18, 9:09 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Looking at MAY on NZ's website - it look like allot of these changes are yet to be rolled onto other months, either they think they will be able to reduce the changes or b they really don't know...

Really hoping they update this information asap, as the flight I'm taking in two months looks like its effected for most of May yet nothing for July yet...
Old May 2, 18, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by henrus View Post
Assuming you're crediting to NZ then I'd be asking for an original routing credit based on your initial booking. Unless you're anticipating you'll need to make changes then being on the discounted business won't make a difference (except for the point earning differences).
I'm grateful that I can get to my final destination and have an extra hour to get trough LAX which would have otherwise been a tight connection. I could try and argue with Air NZ re credit, though I don't want to be told that the alternative is to fly a day later.

I guess too, how many people are getting lower AP dollars/status points due to re-booking from the trent issue? (for me the status points arn't such an issue as I tend to be stuck in having roll over balances of a few hundred points that count to naught anyway, never quite get a banked year).
Old May 2, 18, 11:31 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite

I guess too, how many people are getting lower AP dollars/status points due to re-booking from the trent issue? (for me the status points arn't such an issue as I tend to be stuck in having roll over balances of a few hundred points that count to naught anyway, never quite get a banked year).
I'm getting higher SP / AP! But not by much.

The IAH flights have now been pushed back 3.5 hours well into June now so ended up affecting my booking.
Old May 2, 18, 11:57 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
We both got less APD and SPs flying back from Adelaide, because we ended up going through Sydney. I had specifically asked on the phone when we were rebooked and were told that wouldn't happen. I sent them an email with a screen shot of the original earning but they haven't replied. The points don't actually make a difference but the principle matters.
Old May 3, 18, 1:17 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by edmm View Post
We both got less APD and SPs flying back from Adelaide, because we ended up going through Sydney. I had specifically asked on the phone when we were rebooked and were told that wouldn't happen. I sent them an email with a screen shot of the original earning but they haven't replied. The points don't actually make a difference but the principle matters.
Agreed with its the principal which at times NZ is too good at breaking, wonder if it would be covered by the Consumers Guarantee Act? e.g. when booking/paying for your flights it displays your expected SP for that journey, if they changed your flight and didn't give you an meal they would be breaking there contract with you, so surely not providing the SP would be the same deal?

On the flip side I've had more SP's in the past when my AKL-OOL flight had an 9hour delay - they rebooked me on AKL-SYD-OOL with the seat only fare becoming an fully flexile Y on AKL-SYD.

Search this Thread