Wiki Posts
Search

Trent woes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by taupo
We are booked NZ 19/18 LAX/RAR/LAX for mid and late November, in Business Premier.
Equipment changed to a leased aircraft, business class rows 11-18. https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...657.1536867696
We were booked in my favoured 7 A/B, moved to 17A 18D.

Reading up thread, a poster mentioned row 11 as preferable given extra leg room.

Is this seat map still correct? https://seatguru.com/airlines/Singap...200_ER_new.php
If yes, is Row 18 that far behind?

Does centre divider drop if we were to take two middle seats?

If travelling with your spouse who you wanted to chat with some of the time until you annoyed each other, which two seats would you pick?

The galley and bathroom do not bother me at all on the NZ 777's, not sure if this replacement aircraft offers the same degree of separation from in the last row.

Any first hand info and pics would be much appreciated
Feet go into a cubby hole of the seat in front. Row 11 has no seat in front thus much more space in front of you.

Divider between central pair of seats goes down to armrest level.

As a couple a pair of the central seats is preferable to across the aisle or consecutive rows.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Thank you KF.

Called to book 11 DF, D is under airport control (bassinet? F already taken.

18DF would ordinarily be ny preference as back row, but it seems they are really are close to the bogs and bog traffic would be bothersome.
7AK on NZ's 777's do not bother me.

Any thoughts or comments on 18DF on the SQ 772?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
You might be best asking in the SQ forum for seat advice.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
18DF is okay.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
My SYD to AKL flight on Saturday was on the EVA 777, economy.
Service was the same, with Air NZ staff, but the seats seemed better than the Air NZ (as mentioned above), its a 3-3-3 layout, so seemed like more space, plus the IFE screen seemed bigger?

The last 1/4 of the flight I was moved up to PE, as the flight leaving SYD was delayed, and my onward connection from AKL to NPL was the last flight of the day, with a tight connection.
So it was nice of them to move up closer to the front so I could get off first. (regardless of the fact the NPL flight was then delayed for 1 hour due to a bird strike issue with the aircraft coming from Napier)
PE seats seemed nice too.
Overall a good experience.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sbiddle
You might be best asking in the SQ forum for seat advice.
Done. Will cross post here once answered.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
My NZ 41 flight PPT-AKL has changed from a 789 to a 777-200. Is there any way of finding out what 777-200 is being used and more particularly the seating configuration? What I've found so far makes no sense, I'm in Business and the seat map shows a 2-2 (single aisle) layout, which I can't believe anyone uses.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Looks like NZ have canned all Haneda Flights - Mine just got cancelled.

Bummed because I had confirmed upgrades. They kept these in place and swapped me to the morning Narita flight. I can't make that be moved to the next day to Narita flight but they wont keep the upgrade in..

The narita flight they put me on is chocker in J where the flight I want the next day is relatively empty by comparison. Seems strange they can't honor the upgrade on the next day... anyone had similar experiences?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:03 am

HND hasn't been canned, just suspended for the Northern Winter when they also operate KIX.

Slot times for NZ at HND are limited from 2200-0600 hence the 0555 arrival and 2205 departure - but that means a plane on the ground all day. When they don't have 787s spare that's not great aircraft utilisation, so they've made the move to 2x daily to NRT to maintain similar capacity and with a 90 min turnaround don't have a plane parked up all day.

HND is to strategic to give up, especially with more airlines moving there.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by catandmouse
My NZ 41 flight PPT-AKL has changed from a 789 to a 777-200. Is there any way of finding out what 777-200 is being used and more particularly the seating configuration? What I've found so far makes no sense, I'm in Business and the seat map shows a 2-2 (single aisle) layout, which I can't believe anyone uses.
You will need to call NZ to find out which aircraft and actual seating map. Bear in mind it can change last minute for operational reasons.
Our 789 changed to a SQ 772 that starts at Row 11. Seating 1-2-1.

Maybe your aircraft has an F section they are selling as BP
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by dgnz
Looks like NZ have canned all Haneda Flights - Mine just got cancelled.

Bummed because I had confirmed upgrades. They kept these in place and swapped me to the morning Narita flight. I can't make that be moved to the next day to Narita flight but they wont keep the upgrade in..

The narita flight they put me on is chocker in J where the flight I want the next day is relatively empty by comparison. Seems strange they can't honor the upgrade on the next day... anyone had similar experiences?
Mine too - Feb 17th overnight flight. I now have to go in the AM which is annoying. The overnight flight mean't i could sleep a solid 8 hours.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by Rebound
Mine too - Feb 17th overnight flight. I now have to go in the AM which is annoying. The overnight flight mean't i could sleep a solid 8 hours.
Yes agreed, although my last few trips in J have been so bloody hot I have not been able to sleep anyway.

NZ have put me on to the next day and got the upgrade team to put it through manually. Also offered to extend the return flight at no charge. Amazing the change in attitude once you get on to a supervisor.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Looks like an upgauge for AKL-YVR the other day (and EVA flies in daily from TPE)

Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Dreamliners Faces Inspections on Rolls Engine Flaws

Bloomberg - Sept 27, 2018

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...787-groundings

QUOTE:

"Air New Zealand Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Christopher Luxon told shareholders on Sept. 26 that the engine problem, while not a safety issue, is the “biggest operational challenge” that has had a huge impact on his network and customers. Air New Zealand said it will cost the airline as much as NZ$40 million ($26 million) in the current financial year."
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:31 am

That $40 mil figure isn't new. It was announced last month during the annual report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.