Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Triple Status Points on Domestic Flights

Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs

From an Air NZ email:
Hello "Trumpkin",

If you’re quick smart, you could earn triple Status Points on every domestic flight you take between 10 April and 10 July 2018.

Just book any domestic flight through airnz.co.nz using the promo code TRIPLESTATUS and we’ll reward you with triple Status Points when you fly.

Hurry, bookings must be made before midnight Sunday 8 April 2018.
Not sure if this is a promo code for selected people or for anyone to use, but if it does it'll help people hit elite / gold / silver a lot easier.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: NZ*E
I have not received this email but am very keen... I wonder who they target
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Damn. Booked flights today, would have been interesting to see if it worked.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Wow, that would’ve been an insane haul for me this time last year. Hope you made use!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Hard to say if its worth booking with that code as they may not honor it!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
I just received that email too! Unfortunately I'm London based for the time being.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Trumpkin
From an Air NZ email:
Hello "Trumpkin",

If you’re quick smart, you could earn triple Status Points on every domestic flight you take between 10 April and 10 July 2018.

Just book any domestic flight through airnz.co.nz using the promo code TRIPLESTATUS and we’ll reward you with triple Status Points when you fly.

Hurry, bookings must be made before midnight Sunday 8 April 2018.
Not sure if this is a promo code for selected people or for anyone to use, but if it does it'll help people hit elite / gold / silver a lot easier.
I just selected a potential booking without being logged in using the promo code - message “The Promo Code you entered does not match a current promotion. Please try again, or click 'Search' to continue without a Promo Code.”
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by Trumpkin
It certainly now sounds like this was a highly targeted email. I've gone from flying domestic just about weekly for work for many years and Elite status to not having done so for significant enough time that I've soft landed to gold. So I suspect that they are wondering if I'm now flying Jetstar or similar and are trying to tempt me back to flying Air NZ with this offer.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:33 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
The only email offering “Triple” I have received:

”WLG Base, enjoy up to 3x Airpoints Dollars from now on at the Airpoints Mall”
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
I received a slightly different offer yesterday.
i get a bonus 40status pints for every flight booked.
very tempted to take a few wlg-akl-wlg flights on one Saturday and secure Elite.
i am about 300 away and recently slowed down on flights so perhaps targeted again?
dj
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Even if it is targeted it's a good move by Air NZ. Taking a leaf out of the Qantas books by the looks of it.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by WLG Base
The only email offering “Triple” I have received:

”WLG Base, enjoy up to 3x Airpoints Dollars from now on at the Airpoints Mall”
I got that as well - and it's a very misleading promotion obviously written by somebody who has no math skills.

The text says "earn up to 3x more airpoints dollars". As it was APD1 earn per $100 before, more means you earn earn an additional 3x on top of what you would have earned, so you should now earn up APD4 per $100, but they're only offering 3APD per $100 at selected stores.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I got that as well - and it's a very misleading promotion obviously written by somebody who has no math skills..........
In my experience (particularly dealing with issues around earn when using successful one-up's) that could mean half of the Airpoints Team!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:25 pm

The code appears to be accepted on any booking domestic or international. When do dummy does not however show triple points, so could be an error in system allowing it to be used, also can put in doublestatus and it does not get the reject message.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Has anyone booked and seen the projected points come up as triple. I have and it still comes up as the standard # of points...
(its not a multiple of 3 even)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.