Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Launched

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The weather will also impose challenges on departure as well. Realistically it's possible flights may get close to 17 hrs at certain times of the year with headwinds. Add in deicing on the ground and then ground delays during Winter and you're looking at some pretty long flights!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Huh? It's not a seasonal route.
The bulletin sent to me via corporate travel agent on Tuesday this week indicted it was November to March operational window. I was inquiring about my late October trip but was informed it was November to March
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
The bulletin sent to me via corporate travel agent on Tuesday this week indicted it was November to March operational window. I was inquiring about my late October trip but was informed it was November to March
Your corporate travel agent is misinformed.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 9:52 pm

I suspect they've assumed that based on the fact Air NZ have only released the Southern Hemisphere schedule so far which only gives flight schedules up until the 31st March 2019.

Timings after that date will change with the NZ DST changes, and may possible move beyond x3 if presales on the route are good.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I suspect they've assumed that based on the fact Air NZ have only released the Southern Hemisphere schedule so far which only gives flight schedules up until the 31st March 2019.

Timings after that date will change with the NZ DST changes, and may possible move beyond x3 if presales on the route are good.
They'll need more A/C
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Rebound
They'll need more A/C
That's potentially why there is another 789 being leased for next year, which is in addition to their initial Boeing order of 13 which they'll have by the end of the year.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
On the one hand I'm chuffed with the new service. On the other hand, in 30 years of travelling through ORD I have never had a seemless connection. Always at least one flight delayed: snow in winter and thunderstorms in spring/summer/autumn.

However, my strategy for that scenario is to book the tightest legal connection and have identified rollover options if the connection is a miss. Which usually serves me well. I dream of the day of direct service to JFK.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:37 pm

Air NZ will likely fly to EWR not JFK (if and when a service ever happens).
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
Originally Posted by samuelmehr
Ah ok. So I guess we can expect that the NZ site, OTAs etc should start to populate their searches with WLG-BOS flights routed through ORD at some point soon then? At the moment I couldn't get any search to yield WLG-AKL-ORD-BOS on the same ticket, but I guess it was just launched so perhaps the databases take awhile to update...
fyi, itineraries like the one I listed above are starting to populate search engines — finding quite a few BOS-WLG flights through ORD on both the NZ site and third party travel sites.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: RFC
Your corporate travel agent is misinformed.
Colour me surprised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.