Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Call centre times getting longer and longer

Old Mar 20, 18, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Air New Zealand GE, SPG

Has anyone noticed that you are getting put on hold longer and longer when you ring Air NZ lately, even with the Elite status? That message about wait times 'being longer than usual' is on permanently no matter what time of the day or night you ring.
They should at least have a call back system like Spark does instead of wasting peoples' time on hold, especially if you can't even search for products they have on offer like the *A partner award availability and have no choice but to ring them.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what time to ring to get the shortest wait time? I'm just interested to know.
Old Mar 20, 18, 7:04 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
Agreed. It is getting longer.

(Kinda frustrating when overseas, and calling is the only way to resolve something...)
Old Mar 20, 18, 8:10 pm

Yes totally agree, getting as bad as Qantas, who does have a callback service.
Old Mar 21, 18, 4:08 pm

Some of my colleagues over the last 6 months or so have mentioned wait times in excess of one hour if not holding status when calling. I have waited 30+ minutes before and when I asked apparently they only had one staff member working on that team at that time...
Old Mar 21, 18, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Air New Zealand GE, SPG
Thanks for your feedback. Maybe it is only EP1s that get any service from the contact centre on a timely basis. All adds up to driving people to look for alternatives.
Old Mar 21, 18, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ellice View Post
Thanks for your feedback. Maybe it is only EP1s that get any service from the contact centre on a timely basis. All adds up to driving people to look for alternatives.
Which really are none if do domestic travel, hence the problem. Though maybe as Air Chathams picks up more routes they might consider a programme and give NZ a competitor domestically. (Though will also be the moment NZ adds them as a Link airline).
Old Mar 21, 18, 6:33 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
I've had to ring several times over the last few months and whilst I'm getting sick of hearing the warnings about long wait times (which are always there) I've never had to wait more than a few minutes, most within a couple of minutes. I suppose it's just good luck.
Old Mar 22, 18, 7:54 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, AF Ivory, FlyBe, IHG Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum
I find it is usually quite good at 2pm - GMT of course, when NZ and Australia are largely asleep.
Old Mar 22, 18, 4:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
I'm tempted to be pretty categorical about this, given my experience over the last few days.

I have called a few times this week, and experienced: among the longest wait times since being Elite; among the worst experiences when calling since being Elite [this includes the capability and service I am receiving during the calls], and also heard a [previously unheard] 'mega-warning' about extreme wait times when one call was auto-answered - after that message played, I was hung up on automatically. Where have all the smarts gone from the team - are the premium team all on leave?

IMHO at least, I am left in no doubt that Air NZ are having major dramas at the call centre, and it needs to get sorted ASAP.
Ellice likes this.
Old Mar 22, 18, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by edmm View Post
I've had to ring several times over the last few months and whilst I'm getting sick of hearing the warnings about long wait times (which are always there) I've never had to wait more than a few minutes, most within a couple of minutes. I suppose it's just good luck.
iíve had similar experience this year - havenít waited more than s couple of minutes even when having to call during a terrible storm when many Wellington flights were delayed.
Old Mar 23, 18, 2:02 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite; Qantas Platinum; China Southern Gold; Marriott PPE; Accor Gold
Not just the calling centre

Seems also their email response times are getting longer. 15 working days! Really! (this was an email to the GE address)

Kia ora,

Thank you for contacting Air New Zealand.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of customer enquiries which may result in a longer than anticipated response time.

Your enquiry has been received and we will endeavour to respond within 15 business days.

If the matter is urgent, you may contact a local Air New Zealand office through one of the phone numbers below.
jaybeedee likes this.
Old Mar 23, 18, 4:38 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF G
Although they say 15 days. My recent emails to the Elite email have been responded within 24 hours.
Old Mar 23, 18, 10:51 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
FWIW I was contacted recently to participate in some market research for OneSmart....I had to ring the call-centre and the accent for the staff member was quite clearly someone based out of South East Asia and she was doing her best to cover all the points on her algorithm. I'm guessing this is a trial to move the full call centre overseas
Old Mar 23, 18, 11:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
OneSmart is a Travelex product and has basically nothing to do with NZ except for NZ receiving commission for the product. Their call centre is (and always has been since they took over OneSmart) in Manilla.

I'm not sure why you'd think there is a link between that and NZ moving their call centre to Manilla.
Old Mar 24, 18, 12:20 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by sbiddle View Post
OneSmart is a Travelex product and has basically nothing to do with NZ except for NZ receiving commission for the product. Their call centre is (and always has been since they took over OneSmart) in Manilla.

I'm not sure why you'd think there is a link between that and NZ moving their call centre to Manilla.
Well perception is reality and to me Onesmart is an AirNZ product and I'm sure 99.9% of the population think that too. Hence why I thought NZ trialling (and doing market research) around "a new call centre"
Ellice likes this.

Search this Thread