Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wellington Regional Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold Elite, Singapore PPS, Qantas One World, Avis Presidents Club,
Wellington Regional Lounge

To some this might be trivial but to me it’s another sign of AirNZ reducing its level of service in the interests of making a buck.

I am a Gold Elite member who enjoys a gin and tonic after a hard day at the office. I arrived at Regional Lounge found the gin but couldn’t find any tonic water. Asked one of the assistants who politely informed me that they no longer provide tonic water in the Regional Lounge. I asked her therefore why they continue to provide gin. She had no answer for that.
So yet another example of erosion of benefits to the long suffering members who continue to support this Airline.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ GE
After eating soup at lunchtime at ChCh regional yesterday in a paper bowl, with a plastic teaspoon as the only cutlery available - I would have happily drunk the gin on its own... :-)
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by kiwicol
After eating soup at lunchtime at ChCh regional yesterday in a paper bowl, with a plastic teaspoon as the only cutlery available - I would have happily drunk the gin on its own... :-)
That is an Express Lounge rather than a Regional Lounge.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by WoodieNZ
I am a Gold Elite member who enjoys a gin and tonic after a hard day at the office. I arrived at Regional Lounge found the gin but couldn’t find any tonic water. Asked one of the assistants who politely informed me that they no longer provide tonic water in the Regional Lounge. I asked her therefore why they continue to provide gin. She had no answer for that.
I'm mildly outraged as a G&T fan myself, but will the next logical response be "nobody is drinking the gin anymore so let's drop that".
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Have you given Air NZ any direct feedback. I’d be tempted to (though I haven’t stuck a g&t for a few years). Air nz are loosing sense of what loyalty means.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold Elite, Singapore PPS, Qantas One World, Avis Presidents Club,
Originally Posted by wackyflyer
Have you given Air NZ any direct feedback. I’d be tempted to (though I haven’t stuck a g&t for a few years). Air nz are loosing sense of what loyalty means.
Yes, completed the on line form and had an acknowledgment. So we will see what the response is.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Is it an case of the Tonic costs more than the gin, so we'll remove the tonic?

After 10 years of being an Koru member this year, I think I'm not going to renew it was nice but not it really has lost the benefits.

Free PE seats on the Tasman, with non-crowed lounges used to be an great perk.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Is it an case of the Tonic costs more than the gin, so we'll remove the tonic?

After 10 years of being an Koru member this year, I think I'm not going to renew it was nice but not it really has lost the benefits.

Free PE seats on the Tasman, with non-crowed lounges used to be an great perk.
It's the over crowded lounges that really do my head in currently.

I flew in to Auckland from a overnight flight from the usa couple of weeks ago and went to try and get a coffee from the domestic lounge at about 7:30 am before my connecting domestic flight.

There would have been about 20 abandoned coffees from folks who had to leave to catch flights, and 30 or so standing around the baristas getting grumpy by the second. peraps 2 free seats in the whole lounge.

I decided to get a coffee from the silver caravan, and sit out side for some peace and quite.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: NZ*E, One World
The Air NZ Airpoints Program is no longer about the frequent flyer in the true sense of the word. Degradation happening monthly for sure. I could list something slipping after most flights and experiences.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by wackyflyer
There would have been about 20 abandoned coffees from folks who had to leave to catch flights, and 30 or so standing around the baristas getting grumpy by the second. peraps 2 free seats in the whole lounge.
I don't think the Auckland Coffee people do themselves any favours by doing the push notification when they start making the coffee rather than when it is ready, so people come over and crowd around impatient when the app has said their coffee is ready. Think in Wellington they have the timing better so the push notification comes when it is ready.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QFWP, IHG Plat, *wood Gold
i'm a fan of the regional lounge at welly. only use it in the mornings as a rule, so haven't tried to get a g&t...
Auckland regional lounge - have used a couple of times earlier this year and end of last year. consistently absolutely rammed with people standing up everywhere. only use it to order a coffee, and grab it to sit outside.
just seems AirNZ have poorly underestimated partonage during these peak hours. can grumble that there are too many koru / gold / elite etc members, but that is their doing and of course they know how many there are of us and our travel patterns to determine level of use for lounges...
Good to see that they are undertaking a refurbishment programme for the older / tired looking lounges, would be great to get additional capacity too, but that isn't easy and down to the airport companies (mostly)
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
I avoid the Auckland regional lounge, except to grab something to drink if I don't have enough time to go to the main Koru Club. The Auckland regional lounge so clearly needs to be about 4x the current size to be useful at peak times, but the Wellington one is quite pleasant (and it has adequately relieved the main one for peaks to make it easy enough to get a seat).
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Heard back from Air New Zealand today. They said that the Lounge had run out of tonic water stock. Not what the staff told me on the day.

However, they agreed that it was unacceptable and that the stock had been replenished.

I will test out the supply next time I visit the Lounge for a G & T.
libertyuk likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Hi All

i am in PMR lounge and no Ginger Ale. Upon enquiring I have been told that NZ has removed tonic water and Ginger Ale from Regional lounges.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
No L&P in AKL regional lounge this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.