Wiki Posts
Search

Bought food on AKL-HNL overnight flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Bought food on AKL-HNL overnight flight

We are flying on that overnight flight to Hawaii and I realised I didn't buy the option to have a meal on the flight.

Does anyone know if we can buy food on board the flight to tide us over! What do they offer?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Here is the menu - https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/new-...g-and-drinking

Its pretty average, you can bring your own snacks onboard.
Bub001 and Ellice like this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Here is the menu - https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/new-...g-and-drinking

Its pretty average, you can bring your own snacks onboard.
... and at a much better cost
Bub001 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:18 am

The buy on board options are pretty woeful, but not too bad if you consider that they are only snacks.

The selection is relatively poor (as above menu link). On one flight I have been on they have served the ($9!) pies stone cold and on two others the buy onboard facility was unavailable (they gave a complimentary meal but only if you asked).
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. Doesn’t sound too appetising. Might have a meal at the airport before the flight and take some snacks on board.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:41 am

You could upgrade to the Works and get two meals.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Ellice
Thanks all. Doesn’t sound too appetising. Might have a meal at the airport before the flight and take some snacks on board.
Based on your original comment I assumed you were flying last night so would not have been able to change the fare type at the last minute. Obviously you weren't so can easily change the fare basis to one with a meal online if you're really after a meal.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Based on your original comment I assumed you were flying last night so would not have been able to change the fare type at the last minute. Obviously you weren't so can easily change the fare basis to one with a meal online if you're really after a meal.
Thanks will have a look into that option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.