Search

NZ to AC Connection At LAX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles
NZ to AC Connection At LAX

ADL/AKL/LAX/YYC

I have a choice of NZ006 with a 5hr connection or NZ002 with a 2hr 40min at LAX to Air Canada which departs from Terminal 6.

Is the NZ002 connection from TBIT to T6 easily doable or is the NZ006 a safer bet.

Also the LAX/YYC flight can be booked on the Air NZ website either as NZ4515 code-share or AC579. Does it make a difference from a connections perspective at LAX.

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
On the same PNR you will be fine on NZ2 unless you are very unlucky. If you are an anxious traveller take NZ6.

BCE
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Did this last year but on to Montreal. TBIT to the AC gate was a bit of a trek, we scabbed a lift with a golf cart lady. I personally would take the 5h, have a shower in the lounge etc and meander over. The air canada lounge is awful.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:20 am

I would second/third NZ6 as well. Assuming you are getting in from ADL on the same day there is no point lingering in AKL for that long. In LAX TBIT and T6 are now connected air-side so you can go chill out in the *A lounge in TBIT prior to walking over to T6.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by akl_cat
I would second/third NZ6 as well. Assuming you are getting in from ADL on the same day there is no point lingering in AKL for that long. In LAX TBIT and T6 are now connected air-side so you can go chill out in the *A lounge in TBIT prior to walking over to T6.
After clearing US Immigration and Customs upon arrival at TBIT, can you stay in TBIT, use the *A lounge then go over to T6?
How does one find the tunnel?

I did the connection last year, first time since the move to TBIT and royally messed it up in both directions, ended up curbside both ways.

Will be transiting LAX again this May and June instead of YVR non-stop to AK, against by better judgement.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by taupo
After clearing US Immigration and Customs upon arrival at TBIT, can you stay in TBIT, use the *A lounge then go over to T6?
How does one find the tunnel?

I did the connection last year, first time since the move to TBIT and royally messed it up in both directions, ended up curbside both ways.

Will be transiting LAX again this May and June instead of YVR non-stop to AK, against by better judgement.
The *A lounge is on level 6. To find the tunnel from there go down to level 5 (not the main level with all the shops, which I believe would be level 4). Walk away from the lounges and restaurants, past the Korean lounge on your right to the very end of the hallway. Turn left toward Terminal 4 - you'll be able to see the security area of TBIT below and on your left. Once you make it to terminal 4 follow the signs for terminals 5, 6 and 7 which will go down into the tunnels.
jawnbc likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by SeaProf
The *A lounge is on level 6. To find the tunnel from there go down to level 5 (not the main level with all the shops, which I believe would be level 4). Walk away from the lounges and restaurants, past the Korean lounge on your right to the very end of the hallway. Turn left toward Terminal 4 - you'll be able to see the security area of TBIT below and on your left. Once you make it to terminal 4 follow the signs for terminals 5, 6 and 7 which will go down into the tunnels.
Thank you for the directions. Just did it in reverse coming off AC's YVR-LAX, got all the way through to *A lounge without going through security again. Heading out on NZ 1 to AKL tonight.
These hacks are invaluable, thank you.
SeaProf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.