Wiki Posts
Search

Clearing nz 2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Diamond
Clearing nz 2

when leaving nz2 at LHR generally how long is the customs and luggage out?

What are people’s seat —} kerb time?

experiences of time to get over to other terminals (5). I’ve only ever got out at LHR before and never from nz2

elite in j with both nz and British passports so likely to use British to speed it up

estimated landing is 1130 and thinking of getting refundable 1420 flight. Appreciate its a risk and it’s not a connection but another flight on the same day and Ba or Swiss (two possible itineries) will not interline bags with nz.

Thank you for your experiences

H
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
My last two yearly trips in BP have been under 30 mins from plane to landside - that's factoring in the ~10 min walk from the satellite terminal and collecting bags.

You get an Express pass as Elite if you want to enter on a NZ passport, I have no idea if that speeds up entry on a EU passport as they're seperate queues. I'd pick the express pass probably saved 30-45 mins both times.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: NZ*GE
Should take 40-45mins
The walk from satellite takes a good 12mins - I would use your British passport and the egates as v fast
Last month a good 10mins waiting for baggage but then if you were to connect onto Swiss you would just exit the terminal, up a level and check in as Swiss is star alliance and leaves from terminal 2 where you are arriving into. Connecting ontp/flying BA means traipsing across to T5
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Gold, PGR Black
Recent experience on NZ2 from last week.
Agree with flykiwifly - our experience last week was about 45mins from gate to the kerb.
We, however, arrived about 20 mins late due to air traffic requirements.
We were travelling Premium Economy so were off quickly and the walk to customs walk was a good 10 mins.
Customs Express pass was the biggest time saver as we were through in 5 mins (both travelling on kiwi passports) - eGate would have been about the same.
Our biggest wait was for our bags - these took nearly 30 mins to arrive.
Green lane and out...
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL Silver, NZ, VS, HH, IHG Gold, Marriott, Hertz 5*
There is a separate path for connections at LHR. Follow the purple signs.

It can be far faster than the arrival path. If you are connecting to an international flight you do not have to go through passport control.

Information here:

https://www.heathrow.com/flight-connections
jawnbc likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by AndrewAndDebbie
There is a separate path for connections at LHR. Follow the purple signs.

It can be far faster than the arrival path. If you are connecting to an international flight you do not have to go through passport control.

Information here:

https://www.heathrow.com/flight-connections
That isn't an option if have checked bags and travelling on separate tickets (as NZ won't through check the bags).
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL Silver, NZ, VS, HH, IHG Gold, Marriott, Hertz 5*
That is unfortunate.

We've only made LHR connections with our bags checked through.

Airside bus between terminals was far faster and less stressful.

Last time our bags didn't make the connecting flight. So there is that.

Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:29 am

What are your opinions on booking a 13:45 Swiss flight after arriving on NZ2 at 11:45? Will be flying business and may be able to get luggage down to carry-on only. If there are no bags involved, is it possible to check in airside?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: NZ*E
If you ask the staff at the desk at the Star Alliance lounge at LAX nicely, they will lend you a tablet to book in to your Swiss Airlines flight in the 24 hour window before it departs. They did that for me when I had an outgoing flight to Vienna (on a non-Star Alliance British Airways flight). Transferring at LHR then did not require going out through immigration (despite the Air NZ steward insisting that we had to), as we had only hand luggage. We did require a terminal change at LHR but that is easy if using the inter-terminal bus. All we had to do was go through security again.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
if you can transit at LHR without entering the UK. No problem.
If you have to go through UK immigration, collect your bag, and re-check in. No chance.
UK immigration lines can easily be 1 hour.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
40 minutes for us using the express queue.Then it was another 20 mins for bags. The wait is really depending on other incoming flights that require mobility/assistance passengers that take up an entire immigration officer's time. There are usually 2-3 but they end up processing the line of elderly and wheelchair accessibility passengers. If you can get away getting on one, just exploit the situation like the rest, and let the other pax like us suffer.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
EU passport? Never taken me more than 20 minutes. On another passport, I've had friends wait up to 2 hours in the queue. Go raibh maith agat to my Irish grandparents for that lovely burgundy booklet!
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:28 am

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll book a flexi flight with a longer layover and hopefully use their "earlier flight on the same day" clause if I can get through in time.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: NZ *G
22 minutes from touchdown to curb including bag this week; I was pretty impressed. Good thing too, as NZ 2 was 40 mins late.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:14 pm

Update: Was able to check-in all the way through in Auckland. The check-in person was even willing to check bags through to Zurich even though they were on separate bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.