Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Moving from Silver to Gold with a paid Koru membership.

Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANZ Gold

​​​​​After a flight on Feb 22nd I will move up to Gold. I will have 2 months left on a paid Koru membership. What happens to those 2 months, do I get a pro rata refund or if I fail to requalify for Gold next year, does my 2 months months of unused Koru membership start again then?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
It’s gone burger
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: ANZ Gold
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
It’s gone burger
Thats what I was thinking the answer was going to be. An $80 donation them.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: NZ*E, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum
What you could try is to possibly transfer it to someone else... worked for me a few years ago when I had 4 months left and qualified to Gold (and Elite shortly after). I called them up and asked if there is anything possible to refund or transfer the remaining time. They said the only thing they could possibly to is transfer to another person (no refund, no holding/freezing) which I was happy to do and made me my partner at the time also happy ;-)

But that was 4 years ago with 4 months left and it felt it was more one of these “having the right Air Nz person with all special computer codes” on the other end rather than it’s a normal thing to do.... not sure if that still works today, especially with the declining service and quality of the NZ FF membership.

Give it a go... but don’t expect it to be a garantueed thing.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
I did ask for and actually received a refund once but that was back in the 90’s and I think it is probably very much ‘pie in the sky’ to expect it now.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I did this last year. And in no uncertain terms was told no to a refund, being placed on hold or a transfer. They just quoted the terms and conditions and said too bad. Thanks for your business.
However they did say it counts as a separate guest allowance for NZ lounges. So you could take a guest in as Gold and another with your Koru membership.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
2 months is great timing. I had about 8.

Just flush the toilet a few more times in the lounge for good measure if it makes you feel any better
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
I did this last year. And in no uncertain terms was told no to a refund, being placed on hold or a transfer. They just quoted the terms and conditions and said too bad. Thanks for your business.
However they did say it counts as a separate guest allowance for NZ lounges. So you could take a guest in as Gold and another with your Koru membership.
I had about 6 months of Koru overlapping Gold. I was told the same thing about being allowed an extra guest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.