Wiki Posts
Search

IAH united clubs pre-NZ29

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
IAH united clubs pre-NZ29

Hi all, last time I flew IAH-AKL I remember that one or more of the United Clubs were being renovated and I walked quite a ways over to Terminal C where there was a newly opened one. Has anyone been to IAH recently and could advise which UC is the best place to go ahead of NZ29? I'll have ~2.5 hours to kill.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Usually the Terminal E UA Club is the flagship one at IAH, which is both bigger and busier than the others. Will be checking it out tomorrow to see what is new at that location. As an Aegean *G, when flying SQ and LH, we were able to use the Executive Lounge by the D4/D4A gates. They have a better food spread than the minimal UA Clubs. If they don't let you in, then I highly recommend taking TerminaLink to Terminal B and picking up some Whataburger and bring it back to Terminal D while you wait it out.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
I'm in the Terminal E UC now. They've improved it substantially from last time I was here, but they are still working on it apparently (upstairs is closed, there are a lot of white walls that look like they'll be replaced with something else soon). It's not nearly as nice as the totally brand new small ones in Terminal C, so if it's not too busy I'd recommend going there instead of E when you arrive tomorrow.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:36 pm

I visited the lounges in Terminals E and B, and didn't find much difference between them. They're generally pretty average in quality, cheap beers are free, higher class liquors have a fee. There's normally some sort of hot soup, which tasted like Watties Cheesy Spaghetti blended into a soup when I was there. Normally cut veges and cubes of cheese. I preferred the small lounge in Terminal B because there's less people in it. Takes about 15 minutes or so to get from Terminal E to B.

I also checked out the KLM Lounge as a Priority Pass member, and it wasn't any better, with a worse food selection. Both these lounges make the Koru lounges look amazing!

What I did prefer was the American Express Centurion Lounge. Closest to Koru lounge in form and functionality. Great food, desserts, free cocktails.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The United Club in Terminal E and the United Club in Terminal C are both about the same distance on foot from the D gate that NZ will be using. As AznMadSci indicated, the Terminal E United Club is bigger and slightly better than its Terminal C counterpart. Unfortunately, neither United Club has showers at the moment.

If you have an American Express Platinum or Centurion card that will allow you to access the Centurion Lounge, WaylonKenning is correct that it would be your best option. The Centurion Lounge is located in Terminal D (from where NZ departs) and has a great selection of liquors, decent food, and a shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.