Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

When is last chance to change FF# in booking?

Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

I booked an international (CHC-AKL-SFO) return trip and when I booked I used my (non AirNZ) *G number. This unlocked the premium seating which was great. I usually would credit the flights to that *G card, but have just checked booking class and it won't earn anything. So now I wish to change the FF number to my AirNZ airpoints number in order to earn a (small) number of SPs. It would be great if I could do this without loosing the seats I have booked and still getting lounge access. Best way to do this - can I do it in the lounge in AKL or will that be awkward? I understand AirNZ don't do the concept of FQTV / FQTS any more.

I also have an AirNZ RU which I would consider using for my return journey, although suspect the chance of it clearing on SFO-AKL would be low.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
At the gate, before you board.

Best to do it before they open boarding though, otherwise the GA might not be too happy...

Lounge is fine too, this is done all the time. Technically you can access the lounge with just your *G card, you don't have to be accruing to the *A programme where you have status.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. So best to leave as is, fly CHC-AKL (getting both BP in CHC), enter lounge in AKL and then ask to swop.
I know technically you just need the *G card, but AirNZ have been trying to stop that recently on domestic flights in my (limited) experience.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Has anyone tried to do a retro claim on another program??
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by AznMadSci
You can only do this if you don't have an FF on your itinerary, but yes - it's possible
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Star Alliance now has a system when a booking class is not eligible in one programme even if that programme number is attached to the booking, it can still be retro claimed in another programme that's eligible using their online claim form.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Star Alliance now has a system when a booking class is not eligible in one programme even if that programme number is attached to the booking, it can still be retro claimed in another programme that's eligible using their online claim form.
That's awesome. Is there a special procedure for this or do you just retro claim?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

That is very interesting.

Regarding my original question, I can confirm the swop worked and was not a drama to do in the international lounge in AKL at 40mins before departure. Did not get new boarding pass buy miles have credited.
Shelleybgood likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
That is very interesting.

Regarding my original question, I can confirm the swop worked and was not a drama to do in the international lounge in AKL at 40mins before departure. Did not get new boarding pass buy miles have credited.
Good it worked out for you. I always request the BP be reprinted (assuming this is possible, e.g. it isn't at the gate or lounge at some airports). This is because if miles post to the original FFP in error you have no proof that you requested the change - the boarding pass still shows the original FFP. Whereas if reprint BP to show the updated FFP and the miles mispost you have evidence to request a correction (reverse out from the original FFP and credit to the other FFP).
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by samyoull
You can only do this if you don't have an FF on your itinerary, but yes - it's possible
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM-2MM,VAus VIP,, MR/Bonvoy LT Platinum, AA Ex Plat,LH FT, HH,hyatt, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by AznMadSci
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:46 am

With the new functionality to add/edit FFP# online, theoretically the last possible opportunity to amend a FFP is right before you scan in at the boarding gate. You could change your FFP number online, then refresh your digital boarding pass which will in turn display your new FFP#.
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by akl_cat
With the new functionality to add/edit FFP# online, theoretically the last possible opportunity to amend a FFP is right before you scan in at the boarding gate. You could change your FFP number online, then refresh your digital boarding pass which will in turn display your new FFP#.
Where is this functionality? I do not see it obviously among my options.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Yep can confirm this works with NZ. Before I got any status with NZ I would use TK*G for status benefits but accrue APD/SP to NZ. A few times the airport/call centre staff would put the numbers in the wrong field so that the TK card was the one accruing the miles. However the cheap domestic fares accrued nothing. I just filled out a missing points form on the NZ website and everytime I had the APD and SP's credited to my NZ account.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Where is this functionality? I do not see it obviously among my options.
It's the "add frequent flyer membership number" under "manage booking".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.