Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

New Year sale online bookings not working

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ *G, HHonors, Hertz Gold, OmniHotels Black card

Has anyone else experienced major problems on the Airnz website over this sales period? Have tried 8 times over 3 nights to buy AKL-FRA tickets. Each time after paying by credit card the website throws an error and says seats not available.

Restarting the booking flow again, selecting same available flights and empty seats, and each time after review and pay there is an error saying seats not available. Different credit cards tried etc.

Is the only way to book during sales via call centre now??
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: NZ*E
I doubt this is related to the sale, but rather it’s probably struggling to secure the partner tickets to FRA (Lufthansa or Singapore I guess?).

in general, I haven’t had a huge amount of luck booking partner flights through the AirNZ website as they often have trouble contacting the partner to confirm the tickets.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
As mentioned above this will be because the back end system won't be able to confirm partner availability. When this happens it does exactly what you've described.

I've had to book prob 75% of my intl travel over the post couple of years via the call centre because of this very issue.

It doesn't mean that the seats aren't available, just that they can't be confirmed immediately. Normally these can be confirmed within 24 hours.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
DIdn't think that FRA was included in the now finished New Years Sale? Wasn't it just Asia, Americas and Short-Haul?

I was able to book AKL-LHR as part of the $699 oneway sale that NZ has on currently, without to many issues. Although it did take around 5minutes to return an result once I had submitted my credit card details. I used the multi stop booking tool on the NZ website (Never thought it would be able to book an trip that was useful) which allowed an stop in HKG and SIN for nothing extra.

Unless you really wanted the flights to be ticketed by NZ, have you had an look at New Zealand version of SQ and LH websites? they have some pretty good deals, with the first sector on NZ.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AirNZ *G, HHonors, Hertz Gold, OmniHotels Black card
Good to know it’s not just me. In the end the destination was flexible and chose Zurich as a destination. A call to airnz confirmed the issue is with the other airlin (LX)not able to confirm tickets resulting in the no sale. Finally went ahead with a call centre purchase which was the only way to book .

LHR would have worked easy as it’s all nz metal.

Interestingly, on each occasion of each non booking, ticket prices jumped on the website immediately after each attempt. Sorry if if I bumped up the prices for everyone!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:00 pm

How can this be the that the call centre is able to see the inventory and book, yet the website can see the inventory yet not book it? Also, did anyone in this thread get prompted to pay the call centre booking fee as a result?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by runtothehills

Interestingly, on each occasion of each non booking, ticket prices jumped on the website immediately after each attempt. Sorry if if I bumped up the prices for everyone!
Noticed that too - when looking at fares over an few days, then you went back on 30minutes later an the flight had gone back down in price. Maybe the NZ site is now holding seats for so long?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by codyc1515
How can this be the that the call centre is able to see the inventory and book, yet the website can see the inventory yet not book it? Also, did anyone in this thread get prompted to pay the call centre booking fee as a result?
They can't. I explained above what happens.

They merely lodge booking requests and these are normally confirmed within 24 hours or so and one this is done you'll be ticketed.

The exceptions to this are when there are issues such as Virgin America. Air NZ couldn't book a single flight on them for at least a month earlier this year despite them showing up in searches.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:44 am

Similar hong last year trying to upgrade a flight from SYD. Tried 3 times and failed but every time credit card was deducted so suggest you check. Had to do online to get job done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.