Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hi -Fly Downgrade (or Upgrade?)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:42 pm

Are all Airnz Dreamliners out of action? Including the long haul to Singapore- when are they likely back in service?
Is HiFly taking over the NZ to Asia routes currently?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
No they're not all out of action.

No Asian routes are affected other than HKG (which is a 777) leaving at a different time and Hi-Fly are only operating two Australian routes.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:30 am

Thanks. Hopefully to Singapore and from Shanghai don’t get swapped to HiFly in June (when booked)
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by mikeyf
I noticed last week my flight AKL/SYD Mar 27 changed to HiFly aircraft so I called about seats and the person told me the seat map is not available yet but it will be soon, I asked if I would be able to access online - yes sir once they load it you will be able to access. I called back today and this time I was told no option to preselect seats until check-in but don't worry you are still in business class we will assign you a seat at check-in. Reading above it looks like this is the case? Reading the comment I would really like to switch flights but I'm connecting to SFO on UA and the 9:00 departure would only give me 55min connection so guess I'm stuck with Hifly
Pretty sure the min NZ(INTL) to NZ(INTL) connection at AKL is either 55 or 50minutes. AKL is an very small airport - connection should take you less than 20minutes. They typically will hold flights in there is an delayed in-bond from SYD,BNE,MEL as they tend to have allot of connections. Failing that they will move you on the 10:00pm NZ2 service to LAX.

55 minutes is plenty of time to connect in AKL, especially in J.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by EdFly
Thanks. Hopefully to Singapore and from Shanghai don’t get swapped to HiFly in June (when booked)

Should be fine - its only AKL-SYD (twice daily) and AKL-PER (daily) that have had HiFly services - everything else has been operating as normal. Or the 789 has been swapped to an 77E.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by EdFly
Absolutely zero chance.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Interesting observation. Made a booking in July SYD - AKL, there are no 789 scheduled on that day. 77E or 320.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Interesting observation. Made a booking in July SYD - AKL, there are no 789 scheduled on that day. 77E or 320.
Winter peak in July? Not uncommon for SYD get the 77E/77W in busier periods.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Pretty sure the min NZ(INTL) to NZ(INTL) connection at AKL is either 55 or 50minutes. AKL is an very small airport - connection should take you less than 20minutes. They typically will hold flights in there is an delayed in-bond from SYD,BNE,MEL as they tend to have allot of connections. Failing that they will move you on the 10:00pm NZ2 service to LAX.

55 minutes is plenty of time to connect in AKL, especially in J.
Yep would be totally comfortable with 55mins in AKL but we are connecting NZ to UA in Sydney and based on my past experience at SYD 55 minutes is a little dicey!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Yes, but the way relationships etc work with TA their are protocols to follow, with TA booked flights.

The TA clips the ticket and this money covers all the pax Qs, support, etc. AirNZ sending out an email to these pax may be a breach of contract with the TAs and also may mean pax contact AirNZ rather than the TA for Qs. TA booked pax ringing the 0800 number would eat into AirNZ's profit for the seat, as the % of the fare to cover the 0800 number has been given to the TA, not internal teams for the TA booked flights.
I'm not sure about that. I get plenty of email directly from airlines (UA/BA/LH/AA/SQ/QF - I don't recall on NZ but it's likely as well), and I book most of my flight through a corporate TA. More than likely your email address wasn't/isn't in the PNR setup by the agency.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz
I'm not sure about that. I get plenty of email directly from airlines (UA/BA/LH/AA/SQ/QF - I don't recall on NZ but it's likely as well), and I book most of my flight through a corporate TA. More than likely your email address wasn't/isn't in the PNR setup by the agency.
What emails do airlines send about actual booked flights oppose marketing emails based on FF account?

Only email I can recall from AirNZ about a flight was a time change (which pretty sure with a TA come via the TA not AirNZ) (other than initial booking email). And an on the day flight delayed email (but that would be once it is under Airport Control and AirNZ would have the ticket at that point).
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
What emails do airlines send about actual booked flights oppose marketing emails based on FF account?

Only email I can recall from AirNZ about a flight was a time change (which pretty sure with a TA come via the TA not AirNZ) (other than initial booking email). And an on the day flight delayed email (but that would be once it is under Airport Control and AirNZ would have the ticket at that point).
Just this minute got an email asking if I wanted to lodge a OneUp - this is for a TA booking - so AirNZ is quite capable of by-passing the TA and contacting me if they want.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC

Any airline that doesn't control the FQTV account. I use a UA account on NZ - how do they get my email address for that? UA doesn't disclose it - but I know it's in the PNR my agency sends.

I get all kinds of junk from various airlines - including upgrade bidding, "destination information", "WiFi is available on your flight", delay notifications, whatever.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:50 pm

Some deals to be had assuming you can deal with the lack of NZ-staff service. I can see some dates where the difference between Y and PE is only $20-100 o/w on some dates, CHC-AKL-SYD OR AKL-SYD.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I booked PE as it was cheaper than Economy AKL-SYD-AKL when i flew last week, was on Hi-Fly and all I can say is thank god I wasn't in economy. Bar service was that of business, so they had good champagne and whiskey at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.