Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

NZ AKL-PER metal change to Different carrier

Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:36 am
Original Poster

I am flying CLT-IAH-AKL-PER at the end of the month in paid PE(PE on IAH-AKL and AKL-PER). I logged in to my itinerary today (thinking about bidding up for IAH-AKL)and there was a note to call about a change. The AKL-PER leg is now being operated fully by a company called HiFly. I asked if they had PE and the agent said I had been moved to HiFly's business class. After some digging it appears HiFly's business class is actually comparable to AZs PE product. Anyone have any experience with flying HiFly?

Searched for HiFly on FT and nothing came up and wasn't sure where to post this exactly so since it's an AZ change I chose this forum.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 14, 2018 at 2:09 pm Reason: Airline code corrected
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by TravelingBear
I am flying CLT-IAH-AKL-PER at the end of the month in paid PE(PE on IAH-AKL and AKL-PER). I logged in to my itinerary today (thinking about bidding up for IAH-AKL)and there was a note to call about a change. The AKL-PER leg is now being operated fully by a company called HiFly. I asked if they had PE and the agent said I had been moved to HiFly's business class. After some digging it appears HiFly's business class is actually comparable to AZs PE product. Anyone have any experience with flying HiFly?

Searched for HiFly on FT and nothing came up and wasn't sure where to post this exactly so since it's an AZ change I chose this forum.

Thanks for any input!
This thread may give you some more info - 787 schedule changes/cancellations
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Much thanks brenrox!!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
The upside is you may be earning Business miles on AKL-PER sector.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelingBear
....Searched for HiFly on FT and nothing came up and wasn't sure where to post this exactly so since it's an AZ change I chose this forum.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_Fly_(airline)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi_Fly_Malta
Hi Fly is a Portuguese charter airline headquartered in Lisbon.[2]
Note AZ is Alitalia (Italy)
Where to Credit | Where to Credit Alitalia Flights
Where to Credit | Where to Credit Air New Zealand Flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.