AIRPOINTS Credit Card (Westpac)

Old Jan 11, 18, 5:52 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bne
Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,087
AIRPOINTS Credit Card (Westpac)

Does anyone know if you have a joint World Westpac AIRPOINTS Credit Card whether they issue 2 Priority Pass Lounge cards or just one ?
If they do issue 2 whether you can take 1 guest like the non joint cards?
Beano is online now  
Old Jan 11, 18, 6:15 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Programs: NZ GE, QF
Posts: 291
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Does anyone know if you have a joint World Westpac AIRPOINTS Credit Card whether they issue 2 Priority Pass Lounge cards or just one ?
If they do issue 2 whether you can take 1 guest like the non joint cards?
When I got an extra card for my wife a second Priority Pass card arrived with it, we haven't used it yet but thought we'd go and have a look in a couple of weeks. Not sure about the guest policy.
edmm is offline  
Old Jan 11, 18, 6:23 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bne
Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,087
Originally Posted by edmm View Post
When I got an extra card for my wife a second Priority Pass card arrived with it, we haven't used it yet but thought we'd go and have a look in a couple of weeks. Not sure about the guest policy.
Was there a extra charge for the extra card (otherwise it is is great value getting another Priority Pass card)
Beano is online now  
Old Jan 11, 18, 6:24 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bne
Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,087
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Was there a extra charge for the extra card (otherwise it is is great value getting another Priority Pass card)
Let us know if it is a "full" card as I believe there are "budget " cards that there is still a charge to use and cannot take a guest
Beano is online now  
Old Jan 12, 18, 5:29 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Auckland
Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Posts: 1,403
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Let us know if it is a "full" card as I believe there are "budget " cards that there is still a charge to use and cannot take a guest
according to the Priority Pass website all NZ-offered offerings require payment of a guest fee of US$27 - even with the "Prestige" card option.

Westpac confirmed me to that indeed there is a guest fee due.

However, a few people have advised they have not been charged a guest fee! Not quite sure how that worked as it seems to be clearly against the terms of Priority Pass?
jeffrocowboy is offline  
Old Jan 13, 18, 2:40 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Posts: 340
I'd consider carefully if you are signing up for the card to get the Priority Pass. I've found that you don't really have that much time to go to some of the lounges, sometimes they are a long way from the gate where you are going to leave from, there's interesting stuff to do in the airports etc. Also one time the lounge in Auckland was too busy and they were turning people away even with the PP card.

You do get two full cards, if you have a joint account, as far as I know. We never really used it so far anyway. I did try and use it at Sydney airport at the restaurant with the meal allowance but it was a mission to go there and I came to the conclusion I may as well just have gone in the NZ lounge anyway. Do some research on the places you might go to and see what the lounge reviews are for them anyway.
Ellice is offline  
Old Jan 13, 18, 8:33 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Posts: 1,007
Also check the insurance coverage - most cards do not extend full insurance benefits to supplementary cards
dadig is offline  
Old Feb 6, 19, 6:08 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AKL
Posts: 441
I found the Westpac PP thing all a bit strange - didn't come with any instructions or description of what exactly is offered. So I brought three guests in about a year ago to see what would happen, half expecting to get a bill but haven't so far.
ps107 is offline  
Old Feb 7, 19, 5:15 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bne
Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,087
Originally Posted by ps107 View Post
I found the Westpac PP thing all a bit strange - didn't come with any instructions or description of what exactly is offered. So I brought three guests in about a year ago to see what would happen, half expecting to get a bill but haven't so far.
that's interesting ...maybe someone else has taken 4 persons :-)
Beano is online now  
Old Feb 7, 19, 6:05 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
Posts: 124
The Priority Pass lounges are pretty handy in all kinds of airports out of the way in parts of Asia. China especially.

(I also enjoyed the PP lounge in AKL once, when I had walked out of the Air NZ lounge due to overcrowding and terrible food).
Bub001 and Vladd like this.
ruff00 is offline  
Old Mar 13, 19, 8:06 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 55
I signed up for the Westpac World Mastercard despite some unanswered questions. No regrets. It comes with the full "unlimited visits" version of Priority Pass. I've used it six times in a couple of months already.

Yes, the Priority Pass does come with the condition that if lounges are full, they can decline entry. However, this is the same for Diners Club which I was using before. In around 25 years of Diners usage, I was only declined twice - and I think there were time bands where usage wasn't permitted which I didn't take notice of.
tuxedo66 is offline  
Old Mar 14, 19, 2:28 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Auckland
Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Posts: 1,403
Originally Posted by tuxedo66 View Post
I signed up for the Westpac World Mastercard despite some unanswered questions. No regrets. It comes with the full "unlimited visits" version of Priority Pass. I've used it six times in a couple of months already.

Yes, the Priority Pass does come with the condition that if lounges are full, they can decline entry. However, this is the same for Diners Club which I was using before. In around 25 years of Diners usage, I was only declined twice - and I think there were time bands where usage wasn't permitted which I didn't take notice of.
does the Priority Pass card say Prestige? or [Standard or Standard Plus?]
jeffrocowboy is offline  
Old Mar 14, 19, 3:39 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bne
Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,087
What is on the card ?

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy View Post
does the Priority Pass card say Prestige? or [Standard or Standard Plus?]
the card does not say Prestige
it just has a big gold P and a sort of P watermark
Beano is online now  
Old Mar 14, 19, 4:23 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AKL
Posts: 441
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy View Post
does the Priority Pass card say Prestige? or [Standard or Standard Plus?]
ps107 is offline  
Old Mar 14, 19, 10:08 am
  #15  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bne
Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,087
P ?

So the P could mean
Priority
Or Pass
Or Prestige
or Premium
or Plus ?
Beano is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: