Wiki Posts
Search

AIRPOINTS Credit Card (Westpac)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
AIRPOINTS Credit Card (Westpac)

Does anyone know if you have a joint World Westpac AIRPOINTS Credit Card whether they issue 2 Priority Pass Lounge cards or just one ?
If they do issue 2 whether you can take 1 guest like the non joint cards?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by Beano
Does anyone know if you have a joint World Westpac AIRPOINTS Credit Card whether they issue 2 Priority Pass Lounge cards or just one ?
If they do issue 2 whether you can take 1 guest like the non joint cards?
When I got an extra card for my wife a second Priority Pass card arrived with it, we haven't used it yet but thought we'd go and have a look in a couple of weeks. Not sure about the guest policy.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edmm
When I got an extra card for my wife a second Priority Pass card arrived with it, we haven't used it yet but thought we'd go and have a look in a couple of weeks. Not sure about the guest policy.
Was there a extra charge for the extra card (otherwise it is is great value getting another Priority Pass card)
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Was there a extra charge for the extra card (otherwise it is is great value getting another Priority Pass card)
Let us know if it is a "full" card as I believe there are "budget " cards that there is still a charge to use and cannot take a guest
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Let us know if it is a "full" card as I believe there are "budget " cards that there is still a charge to use and cannot take a guest
according to the Priority Pass website all NZ-offered offerings require payment of a guest fee of US$27 - even with the "Prestige" card option.

Westpac confirmed me to that indeed there is a guest fee due.

However, a few people have advised they have not been charged a guest fee! Not quite sure how that worked as it seems to be clearly against the terms of Priority Pass?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
I'd consider carefully if you are signing up for the card to get the Priority Pass. I've found that you don't really have that much time to go to some of the lounges, sometimes they are a long way from the gate where you are going to leave from, there's interesting stuff to do in the airports etc. Also one time the lounge in Auckland was too busy and they were turning people away even with the PP card.

You do get two full cards, if you have a joint account, as far as I know. We never really used it so far anyway. I did try and use it at Sydney airport at the restaurant with the meal allowance but it was a mission to go there and I came to the conclusion I may as well just have gone in the NZ lounge anyway. Do some research on the places you might go to and see what the lounge reviews are for them anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Also check the insurance coverage - most cards do not extend full insurance benefits to supplementary cards
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:08 am

I found the Westpac PP thing all a bit strange - didn't come with any instructions or description of what exactly is offered. So I brought three guests in about a year ago to see what would happen, half expecting to get a bill but haven't so far.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ps107
I found the Westpac PP thing all a bit strange - didn't come with any instructions or description of what exactly is offered. So I brought three guests in about a year ago to see what would happen, half expecting to get a bill but haven't so far.
that's interesting ...maybe someone else has taken 4 persons :-)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
The Priority Pass lounges are pretty handy in all kinds of airports out of the way in parts of Asia. China especially.

(I also enjoyed the PP lounge in AKL once, when I had walked out of the Air NZ lounge due to overcrowding and terrible food).
Bub001 and Vladd like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:06 pm

I signed up for the Westpac World Mastercard despite some unanswered questions. No regrets. It comes with the full "unlimited visits" version of Priority Pass. I've used it six times in a couple of months already.

Yes, the Priority Pass does come with the condition that if lounges are full, they can decline entry. However, this is the same for Diners Club which I was using before. In around 25 years of Diners usage, I was only declined twice - and I think there were time bands where usage wasn't permitted which I didn't take notice of.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by tuxedo66
I signed up for the Westpac World Mastercard despite some unanswered questions. No regrets. It comes with the full "unlimited visits" version of Priority Pass. I've used it six times in a couple of months already.

Yes, the Priority Pass does come with the condition that if lounges are full, they can decline entry. However, this is the same for Diners Club which I was using before. In around 25 years of Diners usage, I was only declined twice - and I think there were time bands where usage wasn't permitted which I didn't take notice of.
does the Priority Pass card say Prestige? or [Standard or Standard Plus?]
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:39 am
Original Poster

What is on the card ?

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
the card does not say Prestige
it just has a big gold P and a sort of P watermark
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

P ?

So the P could mean
Priority
Or Pass
Or Prestige
or Premium
or Plus ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.