FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   AIRPOINTS Credit Card (Westpac) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1887812-airpoints-credit-card-westpac.html)

Beano Jan 11, 2018 4:52 pm

AIRPOINTS Credit Card (Westpac)

Does anyone know if you have a joint World Westpac AIRPOINTS Credit Card whether they issue 2 Priority Pass Lounge cards or just one ?
If they do issue 2 whether you can take 1 guest like the non joint cards?

edmm Jan 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 29281473)
Does anyone know if you have a joint World Westpac AIRPOINTS Credit Card whether they issue 2 Priority Pass Lounge cards or just one ?
If they do issue 2 whether you can take 1 guest like the non joint cards?

When I got an extra card for my wife a second Priority Pass card arrived with it, we haven't used it yet but thought we'd go and have a look in a couple of weeks. Not sure about the guest policy.

Beano Jan 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by edmm (Post 29281542)
When I got an extra card for my wife a second Priority Pass card arrived with it, we haven't used it yet but thought we'd go and have a look in a couple of weeks. Not sure about the guest policy.

Was there a extra charge for the extra card (otherwise it is is great value getting another Priority Pass card)

Beano Jan 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 29281570)
Was there a extra charge for the extra card (otherwise it is is great value getting another Priority Pass card)

Let us know if it is a "full" card as I believe there are "budget " cards that there is still a charge to use and cannot take a guest

jeffrocowboy Jan 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Beano (Post 29281576)
Let us know if it is a "full" card as I believe there are "budget " cards that there is still a charge to use and cannot take a guest

according to the Priority Pass website all NZ-offered offerings require payment of a guest fee of US$27 - even with the "Prestige" card option.

Westpac confirmed me to that indeed there is a guest fee due.

However, a few people have advised they have not been charged a guest fee! Not quite sure how that worked as it seems to be clearly against the terms of Priority Pass?

Ellice Jan 13, 2018 1:40 am

I'd consider carefully if you are signing up for the card to get the Priority Pass. I've found that you don't really have that much time to go to some of the lounges, sometimes they are a long way from the gate where you are going to leave from, there's interesting stuff to do in the airports etc. Also one time the lounge in Auckland was too busy and they were turning people away even with the PP card.

You do get two full cards, if you have a joint account, as far as I know. We never really used it so far anyway. I did try and use it at Sydney airport at the restaurant with the meal allowance but it was a mission to go there and I came to the conclusion I may as well just have gone in the NZ lounge anyway. Do some research on the places you might go to and see what the lounge reviews are for them anyway.

dadig Jan 13, 2018 7:33 am

Also check the insurance coverage - most cards do not extend full insurance benefits to supplementary cards

ps107 Feb 6, 2019 5:08 am

I found the Westpac PP thing all a bit strange - didn't come with any instructions or description of what exactly is offered. So I brought three guests in about a year ago to see what would happen, half expecting to get a bill but haven't so far.

Beano Feb 7, 2019 4:15 am

Originally Posted by ps107 (Post 30745297)
I found the Westpac PP thing all a bit strange - didn't come with any instructions or description of what exactly is offered. So I brought three guests in about a year ago to see what would happen, half expecting to get a bill but haven't so far.

that's interesting ...maybe someone else has taken 4 persons :-)

ruff00 Feb 7, 2019 5:05 pm

The Priority Pass lounges are pretty handy in all kinds of airports out of the way in parts of Asia. China especially.

(I also enjoyed the PP lounge in AKL once, when I had walked out of the Air NZ lounge due to overcrowding and terrible food).

tuxedo66 Mar 13, 2019 7:06 pm

I signed up for the Westpac World Mastercard despite some unanswered questions. No regrets. It comes with the full "unlimited visits" version of Priority Pass. I've used it six times in a couple of months already.

Yes, the Priority Pass does come with the condition that if lounges are full, they can decline entry. However, this is the same for Diners Club which I was using before. In around 25 years of Diners usage, I was only declined twice - and I think there were time bands where usage wasn't permitted which I didn't take notice of.

jeffrocowboy Mar 14, 2019 1:28 am

Originally Posted by tuxedo66 (Post 30884592)
I signed up for the Westpac World Mastercard despite some unanswered questions. No regrets. It comes with the full "unlimited visits" version of Priority Pass. I've used it six times in a couple of months already.

Yes, the Priority Pass does come with the condition that if lounges are full, they can decline entry. However, this is the same for Diners Club which I was using before. In around 25 years of Diners usage, I was only declined twice - and I think there were time bands where usage wasn't permitted which I didn't take notice of.

does the Priority Pass card say Prestige? or [Standard or Standard Plus?]

Beano Mar 14, 2019 2:39 am

What is on the card ?

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy (Post 30885398)

the card does not say Prestige
it just has a big gold P and a sort of P watermark

ps107 Mar 14, 2019 3:23 am

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy (Post 30885398)

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...399b8d2f69.jpg

Beano Mar 14, 2019 9:08 am

P ?

So the P could mean
Priority
Or Pass
Or Prestige
or Premium
or Plus ?