Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two quick questions re upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
My experience is that Elite APDs are prioritised ahead of Silver and Gold RUs. I’ve travelled as a Silver on a gifted Elite APD and had my upgrades consistently cleared before a colleague who was Gold using Gold RUs- all upgrades requested at the same time weeks in advance. I also was on a flight with two friends who were both Silver but 3 separate bookings. One used his Silver RU and I put in an Elite APD for the other. Requested at the same time. The Elite APD came through and the Silver didn’t.

Apparently Elite APDs are prioritised ahead of Silver and Gold RUs regardless of the status of the recipient.
I've also found that same as you NZ Flyer, it is the status of the Elite APD before the status of the recipient. I've also seen where a RU and APD standby upgrade have been stacked on top of each other.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Ellice
I've also found that same as you NZ Flyer, it is the status of the Elite APD before the status of the recipient. I've also seen where a RU and APD standby upgrade have been stacked on top of each other.
RUs and APD cannot be stacked. I'm aware of one person on here who had this happen one day where staff made a mistake.

There is no way to lodge these and even if a staff member bypassed steps to lodge this it will be reversed when upgrades are processed.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
RUs and APD cannot be stacked. I'm aware of one person on here who had this happen one day where staff made a mistake.

There is no way to lodge these and even if a staff member bypassed steps to lodge this it will be reversed when upgrades are processed.
OK. So where do gifted Elite RUs fall in the hierachy of upgrades when the Elite is not travelling and the recipient has no NZ status?? (but is *G)
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold
Just reporting back that the Elite APD upgrade went through about ten minutes before boarding.
jawnbc and Ellice like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.