Boeing 777-200 Exit Row Seats

Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Boeing 777-200 Exit Row Seats

Hi all,

I have selected seat 47A on the Boeing 777-200. Does anyone know how much leg room this has? Will I be able to get to the aisle, without 47B standing up?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: Air NZ*GE
Pretty sure I was there once, and remember there being tons, which meant at least three people doing tai chi there at all times during the flight :-) Seat guru might have more info but sure the seat was thinner too.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:21 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Originally Posted by curioustill
Hi all,

I have selected seat 47A on the Boeing 777-200. Does anyone know how much leg room this has? Will I be able to get to the aisle, without 47B standing up?
Yes, it won't be an issue in that seat, tons of room. From memory poor window access though and people milling around waiting for toilets is the downside.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There is space in front of you for ~1.5m until the bathroom which forms the bulkhead but you have a door in front of you on your side.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Oh dear - by poor window access do you mean I will not have a good view of a window? Bathroom issue should be ok as it's a daytime flight across to Aus.

In that case can I change my seat selection to a more 'normal' seat? Will i get a refund for the difference? I paid with airpoints for my seat, btw
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: NZ*E
Oh dear - by poor window access do you mean I will not have a good view of a window? Bathroom issue should be ok as it's a daytime flight across to Aus.

In that case can I change my seat selection to a more 'normal' seat? Will i get a refund for the difference? I paid with airpoints for my seat, btw
Unfortunately seat fees are non refundable, so even if you change to a standard seat you will not get your money back.

i wouldnt worry too much anyway, apart from take off and landing you will be limited to seeing sea, sea and more sea throughout the flight!
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:01 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Seatguru shows it missing a window.

No you won't get a refund for buying an exit row if you change seats.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:29 am

Do you have to pay again if you change your seat within the same seating class (i.e. Exit Row or Standard)? Never had to worry about this before as I have had status.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G

I have sat in that row on SQ recently on their 772 (behind wing exit row) and it had no window so expect NZ configuration will be the same, something to do with fuselage strength around the door I expect? The door did have a window that allowed light in but you had to make an effort to move to actually look out of it. TT probably it doesnt matter so much, but the space is certainly worth it long haul.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

What are the chances that there is a last minute aircraft change? This is NZ107 on Sunday.

Should I change my seat then?
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
What are the chances that there is a last minute aircraft change? This is NZ107 on Sunday.

Should I change my seat then?

Only you can decide what is more important... unlimited legroom with no one reclining in to you, or a full window view but with limited room and the potential for recline by the person in front.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.