Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 schedule changes/cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I just booked 176.

When I looked yesterday, it was the 787, now it is HiFly. This should be a fun redeye
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I just booked 176.

When I looked yesterday, it was the 787, now it is HiFly. This should be a fun redeye
For flight between Auckland and Perth, unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the inflight entertainment, and it’s unlikely to be available for your flight. We recommend customers bring their own reading material and/or fully charged personal electronic device. Please note, there is no in-seat power available on this aircraft.
source: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...uEv2ZSZsjKRMa0
Just make sure you have some backup entertainment incase you can't sleep - sounds like fun!
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Just make sure you have some backup entertainment incase you can't sleep - sounds like fun!
Sleeping pills and my laptop !

Hopefully that will be enough
Old Jan 12, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Had my HiFly flight last week delayed over 2 hours from Sydney, and then Cancelled - they used an inbound crew on an A320 from Chch to fly us to AKL from SYD ay 9:30pm that evening - I received pretty good compensation as I was downgraded.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:55 am

Was directed to this thread by a helpful FTer. My AKL-PER leg was just changed to a Hi Fly craft. I depart CLT on 30Jan with my AKL-PER leg on 1Feb. I was booked in paid PE. The agent said I was upgraded to HiFly business which looks like AZ PE hard product not service (roughly). My return is through AKL on the 11th of Feb. Is it likely I will be shifted to Hi Fly again?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingBear
Was directed to this thread by a helpful FTer. My AKL-PER leg was just changed to a Hi Fly craft. I depart CLT on 30Jan with my AKL-PER leg on 1Feb. I was booked in paid PE. The agent said I was upgraded to HiFly business which looks like AZ PE hard product not service (roughly). My return is through AKL on the 11th of Feb. Is it likely I will be shifted to Hi Fly again?
There is two flights that day, one is confirmed as the HiFly aircraft, the other is a 787.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Rebound
There is two flights that day, one is confirmed as the HiFly aircraft, the other is a 787.
Cool. Um, how did you find this? My outbound is at 7am.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
I'm going to piggy-back onto this thread with my question. AKL-SFO on 5 March is not allowing seat selection (it's listed as a 777-300ER). I've not experienced that before with flights to/from the States. I don't see it as being related to the 787 situation, but I'm wondering if there is a chain reaction going on. Any ideas?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by SeaProf
I'm going to piggy-back onto this thread with my question. AKL-SFO on 5 March is not allowing seat selection (it's listed as a 777-300ER). I've not experienced that before with flights to/from the States. I don't see it as being related to the 787 situation, but I'm wondering if there is a chain reaction going on. Any ideas?

The way I found out there was a change was that I logged into my itinerary and there was a red notification at the top telling me to call AZ. The agent was the one that notified me of the change. It still shows no change on my actually itinerary.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:45 pm

Could be very full like my 772 back from NRT next month
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
What cabin are you in? If you try a dummy booking does it show seats free?

It won't be a 789 but they fly both 777s on the SFO route so there is alwats the possibility of a swap occuring.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by sbiddle
What cabin are you in? If you try a dummy booking does it show seats free?

It won't be a 789 but they fly both 777s on the SFO route so there is alwats the possibility of a swap occuring.
I'm in Premium Economy (with a recognition upgrade requested). It doesn't let you see the seating arrangement at all - regular booking, dummy booking, etc. When I booked it simply said "seat selection is not available at this time" and did not show the usual seating chart. I've gone back since and get the same message.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by TravelingBear
At the moment NZ has only confirmed they will be using HiFly on select AKL-SYD and AKL-PER services until 31 January, 3x 789s are still sitting engineless at AKL.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
NZ's booking system now shows the HiFly A340 on AKL-SYD until March 8th. Seems odd when all their formal announcements and the travel alert currently say only until Jan 31:
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...uEv2ZSZsjKRMa0

Although it could well change again, our AKL-SYD PE service on Feb 18th now shows as a HiFly a/c. Has anyone had experience of flying this a/c ex-AKL, specifically with regard to catering? Is the food and beverage service entirely different to NZ's usual offering?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:49 pm

Looks like AKL-PER is now operated by an 343 (9H-SUN) https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-sun

Seems that it has lie-flat in J A340-313 | 9H-SUN - Fleet | Hi Fly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.