Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 schedule changes/cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Originally Posted by samjnz
What was the entertainment like? Was it AVOD or one of those old tape loop systems?
It was the old loop system, no VOD.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by dgolds
Thanks to all the previous posts about the Hi Fly service, which we were subjected to Sunday. I decided to post a trip report since no one has posted any pictures or service decriptions in this thread.

I haven't posed a trip report here in something like 15 years so please excuse me if this is not the way it's done any more, if I shouldn't have posted it here (moderator, please feel free to move it), or if I've used any archaic terminology.

So, not having been downgraded, we were very happy to plop down into our unexpectedly big, comfy, seats.

The FAs were mediocre. On our 2 1/2 hour flight, we saw them for beverage service, meal service, and dessert; they never came around again after that. I don't recall a pre-flight beverage; not sure if this is standard on NZ PE or not. After the meal service, the FAs spent the rest of the flight chatting away (I could hear them) in the area next to the lavs.

With no announcements about how connections work at AKL or connecting flights schedules/gates/delays, and no apologies or explanations from the pilot for the late flight, we touched down in AKL a full hour late. We were very fortunate to be able to make our domestic connection - it was a close call even though we had allowed slightly over 2 hours to connect (which in hindsight, probably is not enough for connecting from international to domestoc at AKL).

Overall, the service seemed below average for PE, although since I've never flown on NZ before, I have no comparison point. It felt a lot like being on UA in Y with slightly better food, a much better seat, and an inferior flight crew. So I felt right at home! Since this was one of the first Hi Fly flights, I suppose they are getting their feet wet so don't want to suggest this is what it's going to be like. But first impression was that the FAs and pilots are going to provide the minimum possible service experience, and that was not my expectation at all for an NZ flight.
When I found out there were no NZ pilots or crew (1 person doesn't count) that pretty much shaped my decision to book VA/QF for Perth. I suspected that though as we don't have any A330s. Pity you weren't able to sample the real deal.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Is the wet lease arrangement directing people away from the NZ service on these routes?

If so is it the equipment or the Hi Fly crewing arrangement, or both, that contributed most to that decision?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by ottiehund
Is the wet lease arrangement directing people away from the NZ service on these routes?

If so is it the equipment or the Hi Fly crewing arrangement, or both, that contributed most to that decision?
Syd I’d possibly live with it but not with any regularity. Perth, no 789 PE or NZ crew for that duration, I’m flying VA now. Never thought I’d ever pay to fly VA J 737 (A330 is good) but.... never say never! QF return.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Today looks like there are is now allot of changes and delay, has some additional 789s been taken back out of service? Feel sorry for the IAH passengers now departing at 03:35am. FlightRouteStatusNZ52Auckland - NadiDelayed 8 hours 10 minutesNZ53Nadi - AucklandDelayed 8 hours 10 minutesNZ177Auckland - PerthDelayed 4 hours 35 minutesNZ162Perth - ChristchurchDelayed 3 hours 40 minutesNZ28Auckland - HoustonCancelled. NZ1390 will now replace this service departing at 0335NZT Saturday 23 DecemberNZ289Auckland - ShanghaiDelayed 10 hours 35 minutes now departing Saturday 23 DecemberNZ29Houston - AucklandDelayed 3 hours 10 minutes
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:30 am

For flight between Auckland and Perth, unfortunately we are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the inflight entertainment, and it’s unlikely to be available for your flight. We recommend customers bring their own reading material and/or fully charged personal electronic device. Please note, there is no in-seat power available on this aircraft.
soruce: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...uEv2ZSZsjKRMa0
Just noticed this - not ideal for an overnight flight.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand f/f, QF f/f Silver. Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Today looks like there are is now allot of changes and delay, has some additional 789s been taken back out of service? Feel sorry for the IAH passengers now departing at 03:35am. FlightRouteStatusNZ52Auckland - NadiDelayed 8 hours 10 minutesNZ53Nadi - AucklandDelayed 8 hours 10 minutesNZ177Auckland - PerthDelayed 4 hours 35 minutesNZ162Perth - ChristchurchDelayed 3 hours 40 minutesNZ28Auckland - HoustonCancelled. NZ1390 will now replace this service departing at 0335NZT Saturday 23 DecemberNZ289Auckland - ShanghaiDelayed 10 hours 35 minutes now departing Saturday 23 DecemberNZ29Houston - AucklandDelayed 3 hours 10 minutes
Not sure where you got your info but I am currently watching NZ52 ZK-OKC on FR24 which is in the cruise at 36,000 feet departed AKL 1002 (today Thursday 21 December).
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by OZZIEKIWI
Not sure where you got your info but I am currently watching NZ52 ZK-OKC on FR24 which is in the cruise at 36,000 feet departed AKL 1002 (today Thursday 21 December).
It was published on NZ's own website.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand f/f, QF f/f Silver. Emirates Skywards
It was published on NZ's own website.
Ah ok - I just checked their website too and it's for tomorrow Friday not today as you alluded to on your original post - Cheers
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:02 pm

Has anyone else had there Tasman flight on the app change from online check-in 24hours to 90minutes to now displaying please check-in at the airport.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Has anyone else had there Tasman flight on the app change from online check-in 24hours to 90minutes to now displaying please check-in at the airport.
Just checked app and my MEL flight in a few days on NZ121 says “check in available here 24 hours to 90 minutes before scheduled departure” ... so no changes there (unaffected destination for 787 changes however I know). Domestic feeder flights also offering app checkin.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:53 am

If you are on one of these HiFly operated services, you are not eligible to checkin online (as per Air NZ):

Can I check in online?
Online check-in via desktop or mobile phones is not currently available for these flights. This may mean longer than usual check-in processes for some of our customers.

We are currently investigating whether online check functionality can be introduced for these services. If this becomes available customers will be sent the standard notification that online check-in is available.

Will we be able to check in via the kiosks at the airport?
Kiosk and counter check-in is available as normal for the Hi Fly flights.

Can I still see flight details on my Air New Zealand mobile app?
Yes, there is no change to what you will see in the mobile app other than it should show that the flight is operated by Hi Fly.
from https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...uEv2ZSZsjKRMa0
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by codyc1515
If you are on one of these HiFly operated services, you are not eligible to checkin online (as per Air NZ):

from https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...uEv2ZSZsjKRMa0
This was NZ135 which is AKL-BNE operated by an 77W, must have been glitch in the system it has changed now.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:40 pm

This was NZ135 which is AKL-BNE operated by an 77W, must have been glitch in the system it has changed now.
Ah my bad, the previous post only applies to HiFly operated flights.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
I had a booking AKL - SYD - AKL for the long weekend, originally scheduled as a NZ105 / NZ108 787 / 777 combination, premium economy paid 1 way and short haul upgrade from Economy to PE the other. I had to cancel this trip due to other commitments.

Went to cancel and was offered a full refund, plus upgrade credited back to my account, this due to the flights potentially being affected by the 787 issue. Flights were to be operated by HiFly.

Pretty good news for me as was sure 1 fare was not refundable and would have lost the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.