Wiki Posts
Search

787 schedule changes/cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Refund

Originally Posted by KiwiJC

Family members downgraded on a TT flight last week (787 - A320) were offered $100 per person in compensation for PE -> Y, I don’t think they were particularly amused by that offer given the price difference when booked was significantly more than that.
Perhaps they use the elite standby airpoints upgrade chart
that is Airponts $100 to go from economy to premium economy
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by KiwiJC

Family members downgraded on a TT flight last week (787 - A320) were offered $100 per person in compensation for PE -> Y, I don’t think they were particularly amused by that offer given the price difference when booked was significantly more than that.
If that is all they were offered, I would suggest they send a Letter of Demand and then if not met, file in the Disputes Tribunal.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Looks like 9H-FOX is operating on AKL-SYD this Friday - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-fox

AKL-SYD NZ101
SYD-AKL NZ102
AKL-SYD NZ105
SYD-AKL NZ108
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:23 pm
Original Member

To the poster earlier who mentioned crew, I believe the flights are crewed by Hi Fly crew, but there is a uniformed Air New Zealand crew member on every flight.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
From an email sent out to Airpoints members:
I want to acknowledge that the past week has been a challenging one for some of our international customers as we’ve had to make a series of schedule changes and a small number of cancellations following notification from Rolls-Royce of previously unscheduled maintenance requirements for the Trent 1000 engines on our Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner fleet.

Air New Zealand is acutely aware of the importance of getting our customers where they need to be, particularly at this time of the year, so please be assured we’re doing everything within our control to minimise disruption to some international services caused by the Rolls-Royce engine issue which is also impacting other airlines around the world. In addition to retiming or consolidating some services, and working with our airline partners on ways they may be able to assist, we have also leased two aircraft on a short-term basis.

The A330 and A340 from European based company Hi Fly will operate selected Auckland–Sydney services and most Auckland–Perth services over the coming weeks. This extra capacity will help us to operate a near normal international schedule by early next week.

If you are travelling on one of the leased aircraft, you will likely notice a difference in the products and service style you’re used to and, of course, these won’t have the familiar koru on the tail. These flights will be operated by Hi Fly crew and pilots as our people are not trained to operate the A330 and A340 aircraft. Hi Fly is well regarded in the airline industry.

Please be assured we are doing our best to ensure customers will feel at home during their journey, including having some Air New Zealand crew assisting the Hi Fly staff on board.

Our team is proactively contacting customers whose travel is impacted by schedule changes. Please ensure your contact details are up to date and if you haven’t already, we recommend signing up to the travel alerts service on the Air New Zealand website.

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank customers affected over the past week for their patience as we work through these unexpected challenges.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:03 pm

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...uEv2ZSZsjKRMa0Flight Number
From
To
Aircraft
Frequency
Effective from
Until when
NZ 101
Auckland
Sydney
Airbus A340
Daily
Friday 15 December (TBC)
End of Jan 2018
NZ 102
Sydney
Auckland
Airbus A340
Daily
Friday 15 December (TBC)
End of Jan 2018
NZ 105
Auckland
Sydney
Airbus A340
Daily
Friday 15 December (TBC)
End of Jan 2018
NZ 108
Sydney
Auckland
Airbus A340
Daily
Friday 15 December (TBC)
End of Jan 2018
NZ 175
Auckland
Perth
Airbus A330
Daily
Saturday 16 December (TBC)
End of Jan 2018
NZ 176
Perth
Auckland
Airbus A330
Daily
Saturday 16 December (TBC)
End of Jan 2018
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Looks like I have it on the 3rd of Jan - seatmap now not showing.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
cavemanzk, thanks for the link (especially since we don't have that travel alert on the .au site yet).

We're on NZ102 Sunday and are affected. Definitely interested in hearing how service is on the Hi Fly product.

We're booked in Premium Economy. Interestingly, the travel alert shows the configuration as 12 business, 42 PE while Hi Fly's site shows the configuration as 12 F, 42 business. So looks like people flying in PE are going to get business class seats although probably not business class meals.

We also made a (kinda lowball) upgrade offer, wonder if that might actually get us into F? Anyone have a link that shows non-Airpoints members how to look at seat inventories on NZ?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by dgolds
We're booked in Premium Economy. Interestingly, the travel alert shows the configuration as 12 business, 42 PE while Hi Fly's site shows the configuration as 12 F, 42 business. So looks like people flying in PE are going to get business class seats although probably not business class meals.
On the Tasman J and PE pretty much get the same mains, with PE getting more of an tray based service and J getting an more upper class service serverd by plate.

By the sounds of it all meals are different to normal, would expect PE and J to get the same service.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:51 pm

I have a high density 787, so 21 J seats, i'd imagine they would want the same if not more J seats to 'sell' rather than less. PE customers will probaby get the Business seat and service and maybe J/Elite will get allocated to F seats as a priority?

Its a Hi-Fly crew so not expecting great service...
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
On the Tasman J and PE pretty much get the same mains, with PE getting more of an tray based service and J getting an more upper class service serverd by plate.

By the sounds of it all meals are different to normal, would expect PE and J to get the same service.
Also no special meals in Y.

All Y is Works as guess the systems aren't in place for order from seat.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/trav...uEv2ZSZsjKRMa0
What are the food and beverage offerings?
All customers will be offered inflight meals and a full beverage service irrespective of the fare purchased. Please note, due to the different galley configurations on the leased aircraft the meal service will differ to what our customers would usually experience on Air New Zealand operated flights.Will I still get the meal I requested?
All customers will be offered inflight meals and a full beverage service irrespective of the fare purchased. Please note, due to the different galley configurations on the leased aircraft the meal service will differ to what our customers would usually experience on Air New Zealand operated flights.For customers travelling Auckland–Sydney return who have requested Special Meals, unfortunately we are not able to honour all requests on the Hi Fly services. In Business Premier and Premium Economy we will be able to offer vegetarian (VLML), gluten free (GFML) and children’s meals. Unfortunately no special meals will be available in Economy, although one of the food options will cater for vegetarians.On the Auckland–Perth services we will be able to offer our normal Air New Zealand meal. All Economy customers will receive a meal, and all Business Premier customers will receive our premium meal offering. All Special Meals will be available on these Auckland–Perth services.Can I book a special meal?
If you are travelling Auckland–Sydney return, in Business Premier and Premium Economy we will be able to offer vegetarian(VLML), gluten free (GFML) and children’s meals. Unfortunately no special meals will be available in Economy, although one of the food options will cater for vegetarians.All Special Meals will be available on Auckland–Perth services.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:01 am

Got a reply from Air NZ re PE on TT on Hi-Fly

"Hi ****, you will still be seated in the premium economy section, it will just look a little different. ^JE"
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Originally Posted by dgolds

We also made a (kinda lowball) upgrade offer, wonder if that might actually get us into F? Anyone have a link that shows non-Airpoints members how to look at seat inventories on NZ?
Don't get your hopes up with regards to the hard product/seat.
2-2-2 in "F" that's a few generations old, no direct aisle access for all seats, not even truly lie-flat!

Sounds par for the course that they'll be flying Hi-Fly F as J, and Hi-Fly J as PE.

Lucky (from One Mile At A Time) actually semi-reviewed and flew in one of these a while back:
SO COOL: I Just Flew In An Old Emirates First Class Seat On An Unmarked A340 - One Mile at a Time
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Beckett66
It's affected our flight from AKL>RAR in late March. The B789 has been preemptively replaced by an A320. The 3 of us had sale PE seats. We've been offered Y Works seats on the A320 and zero compensation. I could have saved >$200 each if I'd booked Y Works during the same sale but they compare what we paid for PE with what you'd pay currently for Y, which seems ludicrous to me.
Has affected our flight in early May, they have taken 787 off and replaced with two A320's for the Sunday flights to Rar and the Saturday returns. Only know cos I looked still no email. We booked J so interesting to see offer as according to their rules supposed to offer compo as well as alternative flight.

Travel in a lower class

If you are booked to travel in Business class or Premium Economy and we are unable to accommodate you in the class of travel you are booked we will in addition to offering you compensation:
  • Accommodate you in the next lower class of travel
  • Provide you with a “downgrade” certificate entitling you to a refund of the difference of the class paid and the class travelled for the applicable flight sector
  • Offer to rebook you on the next available flight in the class of travel paid for
Where local law requires Air New Zealand to offer different alternatives we will do so as required.

Or am I reading it wrong?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by wayoutwest

Has affected our flight in early May, they have taken 787 off and replaced with two A320's for the Sunday flights to Rar and the Saturday returns. Only know cos I looked still no email. We booked J so interesting to see offer as according to their rules supposed to offer compo as well as alternative flight.
May is AGES away! I was guessing hoping for Feb to be sorted .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.