787 schedule changes/cancellations

Old Dec 10, 17, 8:12 pm

Though does depend which air frame they get. As some don't have first. If is one with First Seats. Guess revenue BP will get first and then use Business as PE? Though given a wet lease will get HiFly cabin crew as well. So guessing soft product won't be there either.
Old Dec 10, 17, 8:53 pm

Do we know which A340 it will be? If it is the -500 then it may be worth a last minute hop to AKL
Old Dec 10, 17, 9:18 pm

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cs-tqy
Is already in Aussie doing flights for Aussie Airforce.

Rest seem to be in Europe and nothing appears to be enroute yet.
Old Dec 10, 17, 9:41 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by belfordrocks View Post
Do we know which A340 it will be? If it is the -500 then it may be worth a last minute hop to AKL
Some reports have mentioned that it was 9H-FOX which is already in procces of being transferd to AKL.

Also looks like its currently enroute - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...h-fox/#fcae5f1 AKL Website is listing an HFM671 tonight.
Old Dec 10, 17, 10:14 pm

Ah, boo.
Old Dec 11, 17, 12:32 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
I hope Auckland's runway is long enough for the poor A343 to get up to takeoff speed!
Old Dec 11, 17, 3:38 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA gold, NZ*roach, QF bronze, Former 'bottom-feeder' AC*G
I'm actually quite fond of the old A340s (I find them quieter and more pleasant than 777s in many ways) but those are some weird and crappy seats. I've never seen 2+3+2 abreast in an A340/330 in business class before - I thought it was a deliberate design choice on Airbus's part to make the fuselage the right width to avoid the middle seat in business class for the recliner seats typical of the time. Those must be some seriously narrow seats!
Old Dec 11, 17, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by mad_atta View Post
I'm actually quite fond of the old A340s (I find them quieter and more pleasant than 777s in many ways) but those are some weird and crappy seats. I've never seen 2+3+2 abreast in an A340/330 in business class before - I thought it was a deliberate design choice on Airbus's part to make the fuselage the right width to avoid the middle seat in business class for the recliner seats typical of the time. Those must be some seriously narrow seats!
It was oringally operated by SQ, then an few years later taken on by EK. Which explains the middle seat in J
Old Dec 11, 17, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MKE-MR View Post
ATW (probably a more reliable source than the Herald) is reporting 4 grounded.
Looking at Flightradar24 data, it looks like there are 3 NZ 787 aircraft currently grounded:

ZK-NZE was the a/c operating NZ99 on 05 Dec. Has not flown since.
ZK-NZD was last seen operating NZ178 PER-AKL on 06 Dec.
ZK-NZH was last seen operating NZ192 ADL-AKL on 06 Dec.

ZK-NZF was the a/c operating NZ30 AKL-EZE on 06 Dec which returned to AKL. However, it returned to service on 08 Dec and seems to have been operating normally since then.

NZC, NZG, NZI, NZJ, NZK, NZL, NZM all operating normally.
Old Dec 12, 17, 7:10 am

Programs: NZ Elite, BA Gold, QF Gold, AF Ivory, FlyBe, ANA, IHG Platinum Elite, Accor Gold
Pictures of 9H-FOX (A343) interiors here
Business and First are not far removed from 1990s business and first. Will NZ sell business as premium economy and first as business, or just not bother with premium economy and allocate first seats to business passengers with status? Not really an issue for AKL-SYD, but PER-AKL it will matter.
Old Dec 12, 17, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by libertyuk View Post
Pictures of 9H-FOX (A343) interiors here
Business and First are not far removed from 1990s business and first. Will NZ sell business as premium economy and first as business, or just not bother with premium economy and allocate first seats to business passengers with status? Not really an issue for AKL-SYD, but PER-AKL it will matter.
Problem being is that NZ sells J and PE on both AKL-PER and AKL-SYD, so would have to put the PE passengers some where. I'm more worried about the 332 - looking at the onboard product on all of there A330s its pretty bad. A330-200 | CS-TQP - Fleet | Hi Fly

Has anyone been able to track down what NZ's downgraded of product policy is? couldn't find anything on there T/C on there website.
Old Dec 12, 17, 1:30 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum, VA Platinum, QR Burgundy, Priority Pass, SQ, AA
Have to admit I couldnít handle the substitute so booked with the competition instead. No NZ Perth lounge for me☹️
Old Dec 12, 17, 3:49 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
My EZE flight next week has been upgauged to 772 which is a better outcome for me.
Old Dec 12, 17, 8:56 pm

Too bad they didn't use the HiFly A340-500, those have a flat bed (which I'd say is even better than regular BP)
Old Dec 13, 17, 2:44 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk View Post
Problem being is that NZ sells J and PE on both AKL-PER and AKL-SYD, so would have to put the PE passengers some where. I'm more worried about the 332 - looking at the onboard product on all of there A330s its pretty bad. A330-200 CS-TQP - Fleet Hi Fly

Has anyone been able to track down what NZ's downgraded of product policy is? couldn't find anything on there T/C on there website.
Family members downgraded on a TT flight last week (787 - A320) were offered $100 per person in compensation for PE -> Y, I donít think they were particularly amused by that offer given the price difference when booked was significantly more than that.

Search this Thread