Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Economy SkyCouch -- extra fee or included with the seats I selected?

Economy SkyCouch -- extra fee or included with the seats I selected?

Old Feb 3, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
Can also confirm flown multiple times as single person in Skycouch row and been given seatbelt pack but not linen. In my experience they tend to look after *G by doing this, especially if the load is light.
When it was an officially published HVC benefit I'm aware of instances were other pax have been moved so Elite's could have a row to themselves. Such a thing won't happen now - even welcome greetings for Elite's isn't a thing any longer.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
When it was an officially published HVC benefit I'm aware of instances were other pax have been moved so Elite's could have a row to themselves. Such a thing won't happen now - even welcome greetings for Elite's isn't a thing any longer.
I'm not sure if it was the HVC who were moved or the exact circumstances, but two people were moved to have a row to themselves (leaving the original two rows with people in having a row to themselves as well). Regardless of it if is published or not, it was a good result for all pax involved. I saw the purser come and speak with one of those pax as well.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: AC:E - NZ:G-E - Virgin Australia: G - Hilton:G- AF:blue
Skycouch bedding is only provided if the Skycouch product was purchased and paid for (even via OneUp)
Otherwise, only the seatbelt back will be provided if there are 1 or 2 passengers on a row.

<<Edit>>: this is no longer the case. PAX who did not paid for SK can use the bed function but will have to use the normal seatbelt if the seatbelt sign is illuminated (and sometimes have to sit if cannot lie down with normal seatbelt)>>

As an Elite, I always get a seat visit in Y cabin, but on the AKL SYD or AKL MEL routes, there are often quite a lot of us so on a short flight, the seat visit becomes shorter. I am happy as long as I get my headphones on my seat

Last edited by jdavido; Jun 30, 2018 at 1:04 pm Reason: Airline update
Old Feb 8, 2018, 3:30 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I haven't even seen or heard from the FSM on my last 3 longhaul flights in PE.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:16 pm

Hi, Does anyone know if these prices are still valid? Also, when you have booked all three seats in the row, does this document indicate the cost for sky couch is $200 total? or an additional $200 per person? Thank you

edit

I was trying to quote the post above that has the prices from 2016, but am unable to post links as I am new.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by James McKenzie
Hi, Does anyone know if these prices are still valid? Also, when you have booked all three seats in the row, does this document indicate the cost for sky couch is $200 total? or an additional $200 per person? Thank you

edit

I was trying to quote the post above that has the prices from 2016, but am unable to post links as I am new.
Did you book directly with NZ? if so you can goto the 'manage my booking' feature on NZ's website, there will then be an 'upgrade to sky-couch' option which will give you the current price to upgrade your tickets to SkyCouch.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Did you book directly with NZ? if so you can goto the 'manage my booking' feature on NZ's website, there will then be an 'upgrade to sky-couch' option which will give you the current price to upgrade your tickets to SkyCouch.
We haven't booked flights yet, Just looking to get an indication of what it might cost us. Flying from Auckland to Tokyo. Will have four travellers so will book it the whole row of three seats. Just hoping to get an indication of cost at this time.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: NZ Koru

We haven't booked flights yet, Just looking to get an indication of what it might cost us. Flying from Auckland to Tokyo. Will have four travellers so will book it the whole row of three seats. Just hoping to get an indication of cost at this time.
If you do an dummy booking, then goto the seat select stage it will display your the prices. Looks like is now $499/skycouch.

Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:19 pm

Fantastic, thank you! I didn't realise it would go that far with a dummy booking. Appreciate it.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by ukflyer1
I'm not sure if it was the HVC who were moved or the exact circumstances, but two people were moved to have a row to themselves (leaving the original two rows with people in having a row to themselves as well). Regardless of it if is published or not, it was a good result for all pax involved. I saw the purser come and speak with one of those pax as well.
On my flight back from HNL last week (Tuesday) we booked 1 sky couch and extra seat, there were 5 sky couches free on check-in and the head NZ agent gave us another sky couch complimentary (flight availability was wide open) - I mentioned the "old" Elite benefit but she didn't have any issues giving us the extra skycouch (with bedding).

Interestingly on board there was a couple in front of us (elderly and I don't think they had status). The FA offered them a skycouch each mentioning that when there is a free skycouch row they offer it to paid sky couch customers first. They didn't (weirdly) take her up on this! Also all the other non paid/free sky couch rows did have bedding under the seat.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:54 pm

I have found most Cabin Crew will give you the Skycouch features (bedding and seatbelt) if you are seated in that row. However, you may have to ask them for it proactively. I believe you can only select those rows around 24 hours out if you did not pay for them but I may be incorrect on this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Can United ticket codeshare with Air NZ, mean you can buy a skycouch?

Just wondering if someone can clarify, if you have a United ticket that is on NZ metal, can you buy a skycouch upgrade?
TIA
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Just confirming our friends were able to purchase skycouch with UA tix by ringing the Air NZ call centre and arranging it.
NZbutterfly likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:49 pm

edit

Yes, its $200(total) more if you booked all 3 seats in the row. We booked through Expedia and I called ANZ customer service and they were able to upgrade to skycouch over the phone. Another option they provide is getting a separate 4th seat across from row for additional $149 ($200 for skycouch +$149 additional seat option).
When we booked, not all of us were seating together and other option was booking upgrade $50/person seats. So I figure. it was better to just do $200 more for skycouch, which gives us options to use the skycouch.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:01 pm

Does anyone know if its possible to pay with airpoints for a sky couch upgrade? This is after the booking was paid.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.