Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

175 GBP Black Friday LHR-LAX return in Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze

Cheapest I have ever seen, for travel end Feb/March. That's practically giving it away! Wish I could do it but have other priorities at the moment. Maybe next time!
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
can you share a link please?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
https://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/blac...y-flight-deals

LHR-NZ (not sure which cities) for 399 GBP also offered.
Both deals open for booking Friday next week.

ahmetdouas likes this.

Last edited by DoTheBartMan; Nov 17, 2017 at 9:29 am
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:58 am

I suppose it is a safe bet to assume that the Ł175 fare will yield no miles on any popular *A FF program?

Does anyone with knowledge of last year's Black Friday offer(s) recall whether a PE or Business Class fare was offered, and if so, at what levels?
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by puchong
I suppose it is a safe bet to assume that the Ł175 fare will yield no miles on any popular *A FF program?

Does anyone with knowledge of last year's Black Friday offer(s) recall whether a PE or Business Class fare was offered, and if so, at what levels?
Based on the presence in the page terms and conditions of "LOS ANGELES BUSINESS PREMIER TERMS AND CONDITIONS", I'd say yes it'll be available.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by puchong

I managed to snap up a Ł175 return fare to LAX this morning. Booked in P class, which has some earn on NZ (about $10 APD, 26 SP), not sure about other airlines though.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Booked a nice family trip through this this morning. Worked out at less than Ł150 each even with the Ł25 hold fee as one of the tickets is for a 3 year old.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
That's an incredible deal! How are the loads on LAX-LHR these days with so much competition now on UK/Europe-LA/California with the likes of Norwegian and Level, or are most passengers travelling onward to New Zealand? I remember going on NZ1 from LHR to AKL via LAX over 10 years ago and it was about 50/50 back then
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Firipu
That's an incredible deal! How are the loads on LAX-LHR these days with so much competition now on UK/Europe-LA/California with the likes of Norwegian and Level, or are most passengers travelling onward to New Zealand? I remember going on NZ1 from LHR to AKL via LAX over 10 years ago and it was about 50/50 back then
When I did it in November 2016, I noticed most of the passengers seemed to be flying to/from AKL. I would say about 70/30 on my specific flights.

As you said, a lot of competition on this route and I have done BA and NZ. I find NZ more competitive price-wise if you include seat selection etc for non status and will most likely fly them again when I go back at some point in the future.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Can someone tell me -is it possible to book LHR-Akl one way if you are based in New Zealand?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: NZ *G
Yes, but don’t be surprised if the fare seems high. I suggest using the .UK website.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:29 pm

Interestingly I can see NZ has flights from LAX-LHR for $194 / $356 ($548 r/t). $194 USD in GBP is Ł145, which is actually less than this Black Friday sale. Looking at dates 24/01-01/02.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:32 pm

Thanks, that's insane those prices. I might have to fire up the old VPN and check this out.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:35 pm

Although the fare the OP was talking about above was return, not one way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.