Wiki Posts
Search

LHR $1299 return on NZ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
LHR $1299 return on NZ

Has anybody made any inquiries to Flight Centre at all about this special? It doesn't seem possible to see any dates or quotes online, it's clearly an in store only deal. The NZ Herald story says dates are between March 5 and June 19.

$1299 on NZ metal via the US is a genuine bargain and I'm keen to book one if I can find dates with A class availability.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
HelloWorld advertised a similar deal $1399 last week which from memory was via Asia (PE from $4299 and J was around $6699)- I stand corrected but think US transit was more expensive but still a good deal at $1699 or thereabouts.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

This is $1299 via Asia or the US.
ottiehund likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Saw it this morning, first thought was this has to be an typo.

Now if only I could bring myself to sitting 24hours in NZ Y on an 77W.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Saw it this morning, first thought was this has to be an typo.

Now if only I could bring myself to sitting 24hours in NZ Y on an 77W.
I'm really keen to see what booking class they're using and whether it's something like F that prevents upgrades. With a Elite APD upgrade $2100 rtn (+ UK departure tax upgrade) is a bargain.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: NZ Silver, NZ Koru, Accor Silver
Saw this today and went into Flight Centre with my brother who plans on travelling next year. Flights mentioned instore were only via Asia so won't be NZ all the way. We specifically asked about travel via LAX as my brother was keen on a stopover. The price quoted ex Christchurch was Singapore Airlines on all legs. It was possible to have a sponsored stopover in Singapore. There was a blackout period within the March to May period (can't remember exact dates but I think it was mid April).
We've been looking at Philippine Airlines who are doing a price of around $1373 return from Auckland in September 2018. Travel agent at Flight Centre mentioned that there will be a mega sale in late November potentially with more date availability.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Even better for US based flyers was an offer with NZ for LAX-LHR-LAX at US$624. Saw this today and thought of this post, and Business Premier was US$3,602.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by SilverTP
Saw this today and went into Flight Centre with my brother who plans on travelling next year. Flights mentioned instore were only via Asia so won't be NZ all the way. We specifically asked about travel via LAX as my brother was keen on a stopover. The price quoted ex Christchurch was Singapore Airlines on all legs. It was possible to have a sponsored stopover in Singapore. There was a blackout period within the March to May period (can't remember exact dates but I think it was mid April).
We've been looking at Philippine Airlines who are doing a price of around $1373 return from Auckland in September 2018. Travel agent at Flight Centre mentioned that there will be a mega sale in late November potentially with more date availability.
I think Philippines is a good option comfort/food wise in economy; poor choice nin regards to alcohol and IFE.

There is however probably a long layover at MNL to consider (and relatively poor terminal facilities).

Last edited by jeffrocowboy; Nov 13, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.