FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air New Zealand | Air Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points-440/)
-   -   AKL Domestic "Premium Desk" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-new-zealand-air-points/1875130-akl-domestic-premium-desk.html)

edmm Oct 31, 2017 9:14 pm

AKL Domestic "Premium Desk"

Has anyone ever had any success with regional flights being changed at the AKL domestic "Premium Desk"?
I've probably asked 15-20 times, as an Elite on a full fare business class ticket, to be changed to an earlier regional connection, with plenty of time to spare and available seats. Only once has the answer been yes, and on that occasion, my wife (also Elite on a business class fare), and I were seated at opposite ends of the plane, even though there were empty pairs of seats. Is their job to help customers, or to make sure that already overcrowded lounges are even more full?

Hector99 Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm

I've had a 5/5 success rate. As a gold and previously as silver. Solo traveller and in economy or PE. Also been able to get a later flight in order to have a shower at AKL (tho the bags went on the scheduled flight). Always found it very helpful to be able to do that.
H

dadig Oct 31, 2017 10:01 pm

If you don't have bags, I would do flight changes at the lounge

kiwicyclo Oct 31, 2017 10:13 pm

The desk has always worked for me, but prefer to change on the App. Lounge changes have always been a success when traveling carry on only.

sbiddle Oct 31, 2017 10:59 pm

My connection is WLG rather than regional but I routinely change my domestic connections both outbound and inbound and have never had an issue. A domestic connection as part of an international fare (when booked as part of the same PNR) is flexi by nature despite Air NZ trying to limit possible connections with their married fares.

Markhm Nov 1, 2017 3:18 am

I have always headed to the Lounge and Rina or Adrienne have tried to solve my issues. It has been very Easy with Flexi time...finishes tomorrow

bce1 Nov 1, 2017 5:11 pm

100% dozens of tumes
all on same PNR

not sure what is going wrong for you

JayKiwi Nov 1, 2017 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by edmm (Post 29001900)
Has anyone ever had any success with regional flights being changed at the AKL domestic "Premium Desk"?
I've probably asked 15-20 times, as an Elite on a full fare business class ticket, to be changed to an earlier regional connection, with plenty of time to spare and available seats. Only once has the answer been yes, and on that occasion, my wife (also Elite on a business class fare), and I were seated at opposite ends of the plane, even though there were empty pairs of seats. Is their job to help customers, or to make sure that already overcrowded lounges are even more full?

Personally I try to avoid that desk - this is on the basis of there typically being a bit of a queue, and my preference is to go to one of the lounges, or [if preferred flight is close to boarding] the regional gate area desk.

It is only one data point, but the last time I was at the domestic Premium desk I experienced push-back on a request for a flight change. This was in the middle of weather disruption [yes, I know obligations are limited due to a weather event], yet was a common-sense change [availability was there on an already-delayed flight that I wanted to shift to, to avoid the very-very-delayed original flight]. I had to turn the screws [politely] to get the change made, but it did get made in the end.

Kiwi Flyer Nov 2, 2017 1:27 am

I fly carry on only and so try to change in the lounge. Mixed success rate (less than 50%).

West45 Nov 2, 2017 1:43 pm

100% success rate changing a domestic connection - both inbound and outbound. A few times they have said no but with a bit more persuasion they eventually let us change.

edmm Nov 2, 2017 2:17 pm

I can't work out the reason for my lack of success. I get such great service elsewhere, the only problem ever being that Auckland desk, and it's virtually always a single PNR on a business class ticket with hand luggage only. Next time I'll try the lounge as suggested.

codyc1515 Nov 3, 2017 11:43 pm

I have visited that counter once to do just that. The lady pushed back on my request, saying it's not a thing. Asked for a supervisor (because it is a thing) and they did it for me. In fact, the supervisor was quite rude to and berated her underling for not knowing LOL