Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll over points removed . . .

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Roll over points removed . . .

Hi There,

A quick question, or not so quick . . .

July this year I retained gold elite and rolled over 594 status points (2016_2017 year), there we sitting there right up until this morning. Over night I retained gold elite through to July 2019 (10 weeks to earn 1380 Status points). My roll over points have been reset to 30. The 594 were not included.

I am currently still in my membership year 2017_2018. The terms read that any rollover points will be applied to my balance at the end of my CURRENT membership year. It does state that rollover points can not be used for earning an elite banked year (which will be in 9 weeks with current travel). So, I could be assuming that once elite banked year is reached the 594 will reappear on my status?

My current travel for the balance of this membership year will be in excess of 6000 status points.

Appreciate any pointers in the right direction or am a victim of flying solely with Air NZ!
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: NZ *G
The system seems to have worked as it should. Roll over status points could help you re-qualify, but as you've achieved that by flying they have no residual purpose. I didn't know they would disappear straight away but am not surprised. The new 30 rollover points should be the current number towards your next re-qualification or banked year.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by gratn
The system seems to have worked as it should. Roll over status points could help you re-qualify, but as you've achieved that by flying they have no residual purpose. I didn't know they would disappear straight away but am not surprised. The new 30 rollover points should be the current number towards your next re-qualification or banked year.
I would have thought they counted towards your Elite threshold gifts

"Elite threshold gifts: We like to thank our most frequent customers for continuing to choose Air New Zealand as their preferred airline. To show our thanks, we'll send an email inviting you to select a special gift with our compliments once you reach 3,000 Status Points within your current Elite membership year (with a minimum of 1,600 earned from Air New Zealand travel).

You will also be eligible for another gift when you reach 5,000 Status Points (1,800 from Air New Zealand), 7,500 Status Points (2,000 from Air New Zealand), 10,000 Status Points (2,200 from Air New Zealand), and 12,500 Status Points (2,400 from Air New Zealand) within a membership year."

I am only 10 weeks in to my "current year" . . . .
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: NZ *G
I'm not 100% sure, but from memory the last time I had this issue the rollover points did not count for that purpose.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
F

Once you meet the 1350 SP including the carry over they serve no purpose
I was told by Airnz
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S
I was surprised the first time I lost rollover points but on checking the intricacies of the T's & C's it was correct just unexpected!!!
kiwicyclo likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:30 am
Original Poster

I managed to get a return phone call from Air NZ customer loyalty today. They explained everything . . . . . sigh . . . Convinced me to start flying QANTAS / Jet Star in NZ and OZ and manage 2 or more membership programs to my benefit.

Last edited by kiwicyclo; Sep 25, 2017 at 4:53 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Any additional SP earned beyond re-qualifying goes towards Banked year, and then Elite Gift, with the additional points showing as rollover
Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
I managed to get a return phone call from Air NZ customer loyalty today. They explained everything . . . . . sigh . . . Convinced me to start flying QANTAS / Jet Star in NZ and OZ and manage 2 or more membership programs to my benefit.
Nothing makes flying JQ worth it. Plus, the Status Credit earn on JQ metal is pitiful, and costs extra.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:59 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
How does the jetstar and Qantas rollover points work ?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Originally Posted by Beano
How does the jetstar and Qantas rollover points work ?
It doesn't - everything zeroes out every membership year. But they count towards lifetime status
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:34 pm

My current travel for the balance of this membership year will be in excess of 6000 status points.
With that much flying, you would be QF lifetime gold in about 2 years ish.
Sort of nice, one day when you are retired, don't fly as much and have some status benefits like lounge access.

I would split some of my flying, not locked into just NZ or *A is particularly liberating, when there is a sale going on elsewhere or a big fare difference between NZ, A* and another airline.

You might like some of the One World First lounges around the world. With the amount of flying you do, you could easily attain Emerald status within a few months.
kiwicyclo likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by poopbunny
With that much flying, you would be QF lifetime gold in about 2 years ish.
Sort of nice, one day when you are retired, don't fly as much and have some status benefits like lounge access.

I would split some of my flying, not locked into just NZ or *A is particularly liberating, when there is a sale going on elsewhere or a big fare difference between NZ, A* and another airline.

You might like some of the One World First lounges around the world. With the amount of flying you do, you could easily attain Emerald status within a few months.
Thats exactly what ive done. Looks like i will requalify for my elite this year within about a month of new status year and last year I split my travel to make Platinum on QF, so get the oneworld emerald and 1st class lounges!
Whafe and kiwicyclo like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Bit of an update.

Elite banked year obtained today and now my rollover points have returned on my app screen.

Now showing points required for an Elite Gift.

Will be intetesting.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Your elite gift will be a donation to local school airpoints!😩😩

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.