Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Front or rear bus prem cabin preference?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver

So just 2 weeks before we fly LHR-AKL on NZ1 and back on NZ2

There seem to be seats available in both cabins right now looking at the seat maps. When reading reviews, some people love the rear cabin as theres often more room so you get a separate seat to sleep on, whilst others have said that they felt left out service wise with the front carbon taking all the attention...

What are the preferences here? Currently we are in the rear on NZ1 and front cabin on NZ2 so best of both worlds of best of one and worst of the other?

Any guidance??
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: NZ *G
There was a thread on this a couple of months ago which you'll find helpful, if you can track it down. I just pick the best seats as both cabins have advantages. In my experience (limited compared to some here), the front cabin gets better service but the second cabin often has less people in it.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
IMHO neither is better and it comes down to personal preference much like choosing aisle vs window for sleeping preference.

Deciding between A/J or B/K depending on which side you sleep if far more important IMHO than the cabin.

Last edited by sbiddle; Oct 14, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gratn
There was a thread on this a couple of months ago which you'll find helpful, if you can track it down. I just pick the best seats as both cabins have advantages. In my experience (limited compared to some here), the front cabin gets better service but the second cabin often has less people in it.
There are these threads but they're definitely older than a couple months ago:

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

NZ 777-300 Best Business Premier Seat

Personally, I went with 3J for my upcoming LAX-LHR flight on NZ2. It was the best of the remaining choices at the time I selected it, considering that the only available window seats were in row 9 (which is too close to the lavatories/galley for my liking).
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Signs I’ve traveled too much in J - as left handed, B/K preference for me
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Others don't like the last row of BP but I love it. But I sleep with headphones and ear plugs and for me getting off the plane is most important.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
my vote is the last row as well, in both cabins. offers a bit more privacy, which is one area NZ J doesn't stack up as well vs reverse herringbone products
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gratn
the front cabin gets better service but the second cabin often has less people in it.
Does that ever happen anymore, I mean empty seats? Seems most of the flights I have been on are full due to upgrades especially now they have one up?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:33 pm

Programs: NZ *G
I've just got off a TT flight in Bus Prem, sitting in the second cabin. It was about half full. The front cabin looked close to capacity. Service was fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.