Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Babies in Business Premier

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by oranjemakker
And on the return leg book the seat next to Eltham!
I’m usually to be found in SQ F, so not much chance of that.
jawnbc likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Babies aren't the issue IMO, it's parents.
This exactly - but every parent seems to believe they are the best. So it is hard to convince any other way.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:34 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Moderator note: I deleted several posts that were off topic for this discussion and/or thinly veiled attacks on another member. I know this subject is often one that brings out many different emotions, but please remember and abide by our posting rules.

l'etoile
sr moderator
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Eltham

I’m usually to be found in SQ F, so not much chance of that.
For the win
deeruck and smeags_nz like this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
For the win
Especially in a thread about NZ business class... Talk about off-topic DYKWIA.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan
Especially in a thread about NZ business class... Talk about off-topic DYKWIA.
You’d enjoy the thread about the Elite Xmas gift!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by JJSWLG
I’m looking at booking a trip to Europe with my wife an a 3 month old. I know there are bassinets in BP, but my wife thinks it’s not socially acceptable to bring a baby into business class. We are booked PE but have some elite upgrades to use. If you saw a baby when entering the BP cabin would you be upset?
You want to read this thread on the issue.

Lap Infant(s) in Premium Cabins
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
NZ 1 couple of nights ago.<br />Two babies in second BP cabin. Between them screamed all the way to Auckland.<br />Impossible to sleep even with NC headphones and ear plugs.<br />One Mum great and one not so much.<br />I needed to go to work on arrival and I was shattered.<br />Work pay for J so I can be productive on arrival and I wasn’t.<br />It may be completely legit, but it isn’t fair on other passengers. You can dress it up as a right but that doesn’t make it reasonable on others.<br /><br />i can cope with smelly feet and the odd snorer but this tested my sanity over 12 hours.<br /><br />BCE
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Unfortunate, certainly; but unfair? Probably not in my book.

Airtravel is still public transport and being disturbed remains a risk when people travel in such close proximity to each other. Everbody is traveling for some reason, and probably just as important/necessary to them, as your meeting was to you.

We all know the alternatives; private charter, buy out the cabin, travel by sea/land, or consider the need to travel.

Just another point of view.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:23 am

I agree to a point Thaikiwi - but I only get J for the ability to lie flat and get some sleep. Not for the food or a glass of wine. That’s what I paid $4k for this sector for - I was PE going over as had 48 hrs to recover and get organised - I didn’t on the way back - and Air NZ is complicit in this by advertising the product as one where you can sleep - it’s their main advertising point. If you cannot, it defeats the purpose. I don’t expect to sleep in E, but I do in J and pay for the privilege. I think it is unfair when someone else’s actions impact on that - babies, drunks, chronic farters or snorers. And Air Nz is again complicit by selling lap infant tickets in business.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:27 am

I appreciate this is an emotive issue and I thought I had tried to stay polite.

Air NZ frequently advertise BP as a product with a lie flat bed and images of sleeping happy business class passengers are all over their BP advertising, so yes they do use it as a selling point.

My issue is with prolonged continuous noise, not the odd grizzle or fart or bad smell.

I pay significantly extra for the business class cabin to sleep and don’t want to drug myself. I pay for a degree of environmental control in the cabin, I not think that’s unreasonable. You obviously do. Which is fine, you don’t have to agree with me and obviously don’t.

BCE
ottiehund and Eltham like this.

Last edited by bce1; Nov 10, 2017 at 10:32 am
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:43 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, it is clear that certain people simply cannot contain themselves and follow the very clear direction previously given by my mod colleague. As a result, a number of other posts which were highly inflammatory and personally offensive have been removed.

This thread has run its course and, much like all well behaved passengers, will now be put quietly to bed.

/mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.