Glass flask through domestic security

Old Oct 9, 17, 10:22 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: AKL
Posts: 52
Glass flask through domestic security

I'm flying AKL-NSN tomorrow and want to take glass insulated tea flask on the plane.

Do you know if they will allow an empty glass bottle through domestic security?

BTW for the fragile glass soothsaysers, it's wrapped in a thick neoprene sock and sits in my padded bag. I've been dragging it around for about 6 months (and in check-in) and it hasn't cracked yet
pseudo is offline  
Old Oct 9, 17, 10:34 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Programs: NZ Elite
Posts: 98
Unless you find yourself on a surprise A320 you'll find there's no security when flying to the regions from AKL
MattNZ is offline  
Old Oct 10, 17, 2:02 am
  #3  
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: on a short leash
Programs: some
Posts: 71,085
Zero chance. NSN runway cannot handle A320.

To the OP, in NZ domestic prop flights have no walk through metal detector while domestic jet flights have them (but there is no liquids/aerosols/gels restriction so no need to remove from carry on).
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Old Oct 10, 17, 5:12 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: AKL
Posts: 52
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
Zero chance. NSN runway cannot handle A320.

To the OP, in NZ domestic prop flights have no walk through metal detector while domestic jet flights have them (but there is no liquids/aerosols/gels restriction so no need to remove from carry on).
Infant formula is exempted though (family in tow ... 2yo needs her morning bottle)
pseudo is offline  
Old Oct 10, 17, 1:54 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,427
Originally Posted by pseudo View Post
Infant formula is exempted though (family in tow ... 2yo needs her morning bottle)
Exempted from what? Take formula, milk, wine, champagne, a water tank... the only thing you can't take through domestic security are weapons.
Top of climb is offline  
Old Oct 11, 17, 5:18 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wellington
Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Posts: 4,669
Originally Posted by Top of climb View Post
Exempted from what? Take formula, milk, wine, champagne, a water tank... the only thing you can't take through domestic security are weapons.
For Regional prop flights there is no security check of carry on bags. I have taken a picnic set that included a chopping knife.
Unless you go to the main Koru Club, which is airside you do not go through security to catch your AKL-NSN flight.
Blackcloud is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: