Wiki Posts
Search

Less free FF seats!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum
Thumbs down Less free FF seats!

Just booked some flights and noticed that the amount of free FF seats on 777 and 787 reduced!

36ABC used to be free seats for FF (and Koru), now they are “premium seats” and cost you $’s (unless you wait 48 hours before the flight)!

Anyone else noticed this? Anyone noticed other changes to seating?

How arrogant for AirNz to charge their FF extra money and make seating even more painful! Especially considering those of us who really fly the hours to get their Gold and Elite status!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
What I find more shocking is that on the 777 PE services someone thinks its ok to charge for preferred seating....
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:46 pm

36ABC has always been Preferred seats on the 777 fleet.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
I booked 3 seats, 36 A, B and C on NZ125 (on 772) recently for a trip next month and it was free then...
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: NZ*GE, UA*G
I think there was a change in the last month or two; I was on NZ28 booked in 36A as FF like 2 months ago, then when I checked on it closer to the date of departure it was appearing as Preferred but I didn't pay them anything. Got an APD upgrade in the end anyway, but weird.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ Airpoints, Koru, NZ*S and former *G
Just checked our booking and 36 ABC are now showing as preferred rather than FF.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:22 pm

Think it can change flight to flight, and route two subject to typical demand on that route/flight.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: NZ*G
I've got an upcoming flight on a TT 789 where I had booked 36ABC three months ago as Frequent Flyer seats. Now it's showing as Preferred Seating. So I guess there has indeed been some tinkering going on here.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
What I find more shocking is that on the 777 PE services someone thinks its ok to charge for preferred seating....
I think that has always been there if I am not mistaken.. don't get me wrong, I have the same question myself
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:19 pm

I have just booked a domestic trip this afternoon (regional, so both legs on an ATR) to CHC and 1A,B are showing as preferred while 1C,D are showing as FF, not sure what that's about... some funny things happening (I guess others like me must prefer the LHS of the aircraft!) .
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:17 am

It would not be the first time that Air NZ has pulled the wool over our eyes, if that is what's happening here. For instance, it used to be a benefit for status holders with lounge access that the lounges would have a gaming console, interestingly enough. I enquired about this and was told this was never a thing. I referenced the website and they said they couldn't see it. I checked the page and lo & behold the source code of the page showed it had been modified that day to remove any wording referencing it. Checked the web archive and same thing, there it was. I'm always concerned when they take things away like this without telling people.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by ottiehund
I have just booked a domestic trip this afternoon (regional, so both legs on an ATR) to CHC and 1A,B are showing as preferred while 1C,D are showing as FF, not sure what that's about... some funny things happening (I guess others like me must prefer the LHS of the aircraft!) .
The ATR has been like that for an couple of years now.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: NZ*E, One World
Originally Posted by ottiehund
Row 1 is a curse in the ATR's

Wish it would auto pop FF in the last few rows.

I always change to the back rows
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Check out this for a weird allocation:

I have a flight to NRT coming up in Y, obviously on 787-9, and thought the FF seats seemed a lot lower in allocation from previous trips...

18 seats for FF
Attached Images  
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
This may not be a popular suggestion but the same problem we get with crowded lounges seems to be happening with the frequent flyer seating, i.e. often crowded out.

Should they reserve certain seats for Elite only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.